• Thread starter Thread starter sumi0x
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,290

sumi0x

Ultimate downloader
ISP
Freedom combo 800
Hi friends, How many of you are using this plan from Airtel..I have this plan since 2007 and still using it..I got FUPed today and my speed dropped to 256kbps from 512kbps today..usually was facing this problem before also but used to restart my modem after 10mins and the speed use to come back to 512kbps..But today I did the same thing and even for a hour or two and speed remained as 256kbps...there was a small pop up onmy network station to open browser for some information..I think Airtel has put some tracking program which gets undetected by antivirus and monitors the FUP on my system..coz whenever I restart my lappy after modem restart there is a small pop up coming up besides network icon...Is anyone of you facing this problem...I called retension today to cancel my plan ..they offerd me 20% discount...rs520+60taxes= rs580...should I wait till diwali for new plans to be launched or change to MTNL...what u guys say?put on your suggestions here..

Hi friends,
How many of you are using this plan from Airtel..I have this plan since 2007 and still using it..
I got FUPed today and my speed dropped to 256kbps from 512kbps today..usually was facing this problem before also but used to restart my modem after 10mins and the speed use to come back to 512kbps..
But today I did the same thing and even for a hour or two and speed remained as 256kbps...there was a small pop up onmy network station to open browser for some information..
I think Airtel has put some tracking program which gets undetected by antivirus and monitors the Fair Usage Policy on my system..coz whenever I restart my lappy after modem restart there is a small pop up coming up besides network icon...
Is anyone of you facing this problem...
I called retension today to cancel my plan ..they offerd me 20% discount...
rs520+60taxes= rs580...should I wait till diwali for new plans to be launched or change to MTNL...what u guys say?put on your suggestions here..

Are new plans being launched for Diwali?? Didnt hear of any. :(

pls put a screenshot of the small popup you get.I dont think that Airtel can install a software without your knowledge.Also, it wouldnt make sense to track FUP from your comp.

I also got that same small popup after i got fuped and it opens a new browser tab redirecting it to airtel and states that you will get the revised speed as per your plan. Anyways i have already applied for removal of connection yesterday and i also got a call from airtel retentions today, they were offering me 4mbps plan with 10gb cap in the same price. I am on 512kbps during day and 1mbps night plan which costs me Rs 1212 incl tax and i think considering the amount tht im paying 25gb cap is very less so dont expect anything from airtel you better look out for some other options and this diwali even if they come out with an offer it wont be diwali offer it will be diwala offer :S

Back