Airtel Digital TV DTH: set top box support NTSC ?

Dear Murali, Somnath and Debraj, I do have the same problem. I have Sone bravia 26inch from US and have Airtel dish TV already. It ididnt work. I bought a PAL-NTSC converter but the image quality is very low. Please let me know how you guys solved this. Thanks,Subbiah

Hi Subbu,Airtel Digital TV will not work for you. You can contact any Dish TV dealer and get a Dish TV VGA Box (Dish TV on Computer) provided that your TV has VGA input. In that case your TV will act as a LCD monitor and NTSC-PAL signal won't matter. The output picture quality will also be very good for your TV as your TV is not very large. Regards,Somnath

Thanks Somnath. First I will try other options as I bought the Airtell dish recently. If nothing works out for existing Airtel dish then I will go for DishTV

Thanks Somnath.

First I will try other options as I bought the Airtell dish recently. If nothing works out for existing Airtel dish then I will go for DishTV

I could not find a good solution yet. Though DishTV,Tata Sky,SUN cameup with HDMI STBs, I have been hearing that it will still not work with NTSC only 60Hz TV. The refresh rate has to be 50Hz on TV or the video output from the STB has to be 30fps.I am checking whether my TV anyway supports 50 as well as 60Hz refresh rate so that I can go ahead and buy any of the HD STB available in the market.Murali

Talked to a sun direct dealer yesterday . He said he ll provide an ntsc settop box upon payment of an extra 500 . He said he ll get the stock on thursday .

Hi Kamal,Did you get the ntsc stb from SUN ? Is it a STB with HDMI ? I am interested in it , if it has HDMI

I didnt get it yet. Dealer said currently they are running out of stock for ntsc stb . He said it ll take 15 more days . And it is not stb with hdmi.

Back