Airtel giving excuses for Postpaid to Prepaid migration!

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 12,895
Actually its random. Other network show max 2 bars. And most of time you keep doing - "hello - hello - can u repeat what u said?"

So 2 bars is equivalent to no network as its more or less useless

Anyway shot an e-mail to 121@airtel.

Will wait for their call.

Yes thanks for the link. Will do if I dont get satisfactory answer from 121@airtel.

i have closed my 10 yrs old Airtel No. in bangalore bec they were not allowing me to port out due to some authorization issue from my old employer. there will be initial hiccups for other to reach me but will eventually be sorted out. Now i have chosen Idea based on recommendation and trust me their network is much consistent and voice quality is some how louder than Airtel.

Also i have noticed one thing, if i check signal quality in db's Idea always show -51 to -65 db near mostly all around Bangalore, where AIrtel used to fluctuate b/w -69 to -95 db. while both works on 900mhz band but i think it is something to do with power efficient BTS of Airtel(as they call it Intelligent network). while this would save more power at BTS level but exhaust more power at customer handset level

And I have still not done anything! :D

Not getting time and also feel lazy at times because I dont want to waste energy to fight with airtel because of busy schedule.

So I am waiting for days when I have time and ready to fight with airtel! :D

So finally got some free time and I went back to airtel relationship center!!

First I made a (lucky) mistake when I said - Prepaid to postpaid. She IMMEDIATELY took my form.

But within a minute I realized that I said wrong and corrected myself!!

And guess what - her immediate response was "System is DOWN!! Can not be done!"

But then I said I have made complaint to nodal office and I have e-mail from nodal officer that it will be done.

So the other lady (manager) called someone and took some username/password from someone and did the work.

In short SYSTEM WAS NOT DOWN EVER!! They simply did not want to do it.

Only after pressure came from nodal officer they did the work.

PS: Migration is not yet done but application is accepted and they said it will take 24hrs.

Like I said, a friend @saikar83 faced the exact same problem with Vodafone

Maybe I should add Vodafone and maybe idea and change RAT to VIRAT in my signature below [emoji55]

^^^ After you add VIRAT, you will left with no mobile service provider in India :)
Besides Kohli may feel bad :D

And its STILL not END OF CHEATING for me.

If you go to Airtel myPack (not to be confused with myPlan of postpaid)

There they have written 90Rs for 90days .. Local and STD calls at 1p/s

Ok so then I applied for that plan.

Now guess what happens... I call a landline number talk for 10 minutes and BINGO.. how much they deduct?

About 15Rs instead of 6Rs that I was expecting!!!

So what happened?!! Did their software had glitch?!! NOPE!

They say 1p/s is only for mobile calls and for landline calls it is 2.5p/s!!!

Now tell me where in this statement "Local and STD calls at 1p/s" have they mentioned that "Not landline calls"

God knows what TRAI is doing.

Back