Airtel has completely gone crazy. Wants a share in revenue from web services. #netneutrality

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 8,089
I don't see it happening unless it's already happening globally. Which I don't think is the case. Airtel will eat shit soon.

yeah. just like sify is eating shit right now for providing awful services for the last 10 years or so. we have already seen that providing shitty services here in india does not necessary mean that you would lose customers and would be forced to shut down your business. lack of competition ensures that you can sustain over a long period of time providing awful customer experience with crappy services. airtel is the biggest private sector telecom provider in the indian market. they are also one of the biggest private sector internet service provider. they enabled all other ISPs to implement fair usage policies on their internet connections. how many pure unlimited plans at advertised speeds are available in the indian market today?

A 3rd world country in terms of Internet base cannot set a new precedent...... When it's not happening in the world already, there's no reason it would happen in India. Fup was already in use in many countries before Indian isp adopted it.By eating shit....... I meant airtel is making a mockery of itself and will be laughed at. Nothings gonna happen.

I am sure this will be either backed up by government or they will ignore it. Every service provider enjoy fuping and they will definitely join hands to make this menace successful.

court order? airtel can simply start throttling traffic from facebook and google. there is no law preventing them from doing so. government is not even involved. they are already throttling torrent, blocking random websites. there is no government regulation that can be used to complain against them. why would government ask online companies to pay ISPs to offer their services? government needs to be involved to prevent such thing from happening. and knowing our government, they would love it if social networks like facebook are restricted in india considering they so much hate freedom of expression on the internet.

I guess at this point, if any of either google or facebook is stopped, there will be a furore.When the torrents and file sharing sites were banned, not many voices were raised since most of the stuff in those sites is not legal.But if airtel stops any of the above two, it will cause a big issue for sure since people use the two sites the most

Back