Airtel HD Ready?? I don't think so.

Why should they provide hd stb's to eveybody ? They should provide a option according to the tv the customer's use. A person owning a costly HDTV wudn't mind buying a bit more costly stb. AT least by paying more for that stb, his costly tv will come to proper use. There is some reason why he has baught that costly lcd. And person owning a sd tv, should be provided with normal stb. Why is it so difficult for dth players to come with this idea ?
Exactly. There is nothing stopping them from having 2-3 types of STB (e.g. SD, SD with DVR, HD, HD with DVR) - and jest have the customer pay for his option. After all they have differentiated packages. So why not this?

NOTE : When Airtel Quotes its HD ready does not mean that its HD ready with the currently provided STB... Remember ... they can always offer another HD ready STB... Not stick with the current STB... Even SKY UK... Dish TV USA & DirecTV USA different a standard STB and a HD STB...

A HD STB not being displayed in site does not mean Airtel Digital TV is not HD capable.

Makes Sense ? :D

thats the question. the service might be HD ready but are their STBs?

If their STBs aren't HD-Ready, then I am afraid their claim is bogus. It's like Maruti advertising that the 800 has the same bhp as a ferrari (only that some day you will be able to put a ferrari engine in it). Their advertising would amount to misleading the public.

Let's wait for more information. I hope they are not pulling this shady shit.

Hd desktop? :huh:

typo error, set top box :)

Back