• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 5,252

kapil9211

Regular
ISP
Airtel 2mbps 5GB
Hey Guys,
I currently have HD STB and am planning to move to HD Recorder.Before going ahead and investing 5 grand into Airtel HD Recorder STB, I wanted to get answers to my questions. I actually don't have any respect for the customer service guys knowledge, hence I feel this is the best place to get answers.Questions about Airtel HD Recorder:1. Is it possible to copy recorded data to an external usb/drive from the recorder?2. Is it possoble to extend the maximum capacity of the Recorder's drive by attaching an external usb/drive?3. How good is the Mobile recording feature? Any issues have you ran into? Does it work when the STB is in stand-by mode? Or it has to be in the switched-ON mode?4. How much disk space does an HD program consumes vis a vis a SD program?5. How good is the recording management? How intuitive it is to look for existing recorded programs? Any issues have you ran into?6. How many channels can you record in parallel when you are away from TV and the TV is switched off?7. How many channels can you record in paralled while viewing the TV?I would appreciate to get answers from the folks who are currently using it or have used it in the past.Thanks in advance.Looking forward for the comments.Kapil.

1. No. Even if you somehow do, you can't view it on a computer. 2. Possibly no. Never tried it. 3. Works on standby too. 4. Just about 1% (1 hour HD recording) 5. Can't understand how to answer this. You can view recordings by time, date, genres, etc. 6. 2 channels 7. The channel you are viewing (optional) and 1 other channel.

Thanks much Abhishek!!
Though, a little disappointed after knowing that I can't move the recordings around and view it on a computer.

That is a common feature on all DTH platforms. Content providers just cannot make it easy for you to save their content and share it with friends and family.

Back