Airtel High latency in Games

• Thread starter Thread starter shivam12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 6,525
ISP
Airtel
How to get lowest possible ping/latency in Call of Duty/ Apex Legends? (Airtel Fiber )
I am in Gurgaon, Have Airtel Xstream Fiber 200mbps plan
I have a to link router connected to Airtel ONT modem through a lan cable
My TP-Link is connected to my gaming console
Can anyone help me?

Mail to [email protected] with your details screenshots….

Upvote 0
@Sayantan as long as my internet is working there is no problem from airtel as they think, even if i go too loud on them then they raise complain later then a guy in black t-shirt enters with airtel logo on the back, said sir your internet is working and ping will be as it is we cant do anything, happy code please lol

Upvote 0
@mayankfawkes this is the case with every major ISP across India. Be it airtel, jio, tata, ACT or excitel. Their ground staff and field engineers lack technical expertise because it's a very low wage job.Their main role is to get your internet working in case of any major outage. We as consumers can't complain much because internet in general is very cheap in India and we are paying very less for what we are getting.
Latency and routing is something which is handled at the backend(unless there is some issue with the hardware). If the routing is bad, no service engineer or ground staff can do anything about it.
If you feel that a particular issue is causing you inconvenience and it persists even after complaining multiple times, it's better to switch to a better ISP. This is what i did, switched to Airtel from Tata. If you just keep on complaining about these kind of issues, trust me it's a waste of time and energy. You bought this issue to everyone's attention on the forum, you raised a complain. The max you can do is try emailing the nodal officer. You have done your part.
Again, we indians can't really complain much because we are paying very less for both wired and wireless internet compared to other developed/developing nations , so we can't expect perfection.
I have invested a lot of time and energy in getting these kind of issues fixed with almost all the ISPs i have used. At the end, you have to live with it until they make some changes in the backend, which is a time consuming process and you can't expect results immediately.

Upvote 0
@rajat_ It is kinda worse in his case. My friend from Gwalior gets 20 to 35ms to Mumbai servers in his Airtel broadband. So, it is definitely something wrong locally in his case which Airtel can actually fix.

Upvote 0
@rajat_ yeah i agreed lol i got a call from airtel an hour ago, they said we are from customer experience, i told them this is not an individual problem so please dont lock the complain instead tell your team to fix latency in my area i even told them jio wireless performing much better than airtel wired network lmfao she said we are sending this to team, and i know nothing going to be done harsh reality

@Zuke yeah i also check the latency from Gwalior to Bhopal is 9ms or less sometimes and i am so close to gwalior even some nearby cities have same latency but idk why my city have 30ms from Bhopal lmfao i bet someone on drugs didn't connect wires properly ;p jk

Upvote 0
@visheshvk22 for MP there is only 2 gateway so far bhopal and indore so far i know and now i am really worried like how ur ping is 6-7ms from bhopal and mine check below

Code:
C:\Users\mayank>ping 122.169.32.1

Pinging 122.169.32.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 122.169.32.1: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=254
Reply from 122.169.32.1: bytes=32 time=32ms TTL=254

Ping statistics for 122.169.32.1:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 31ms, Maximum = 32ms, Average = 31ms

31ms rn in the morning imagine that lmfao