Airtel home delivered a prepaid sim card to my place!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 25,036
every time i tried looking for a connection, i was told they were out of stock!

anyways...

the number seems to be activated. how to start now :D

i tried the recharge option on airtel.in the system said mobile number is not valid. :|

looks like i would have to recharge it from a shop first.

can anyone tell me how to get the 98 rupee data plan on it?

and what are the settings for android?

try calling(121 if no balance at all) & receive call to check if number is activated.

2 options to get internet plan
1. recharge for Rs 98 from retailer or internet banking/atm if your bank supports it
2. activate rs 98 plan from your account balance. dial *567# and follow the steps.

Since you probably don't have enough balance go to retailer and ask to recharge for rs 98

*123*10# output will confirm the recharge.

For settings sms MO to 543210.

ho its first time im hearing that prepaid sim is home delivered!!!i bet they know ur admin here;)

alright. all done. airtel store again was useless. they were out of prepaid recharge. i mean wtf. they told me to recharge with two amounts initially 43 and 28. 43 was for validity. 28 was for pay per second plan activation. after that i got a 400 rupee recharge. no full talk time. wtf! then used the *567# to activate the gprs plan. works fine now. frequent popups for usage on data are annoying. but it seems to be working smoothly compared to aircel i have been using all this time. let's see if it works on roaming where i am going tonight.

what validity with rs 43? lifetime?Did you checked earlier with *123#? it will show the validityYes, not many full talk time recharges with unlimited validity by Airtel.frequent popups for usage on data are annoying. but it seems to be working smoothly compared to aircel i have been using all this time. Its very annoying. I get on 5130 but not so frequently on e71.

rs 43 recharge is for lifetime validity

It may not be needed but dont know what is the validity of new connection. need to check.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

12118 is GPRS helpline number.

Is 98Rs unltd gprs, unrestricted too? Esp. can u run fring on it?Also MTNL too home delivers the SIM.. once i applied online, but they called me after 10days by which time I had already gone to exchange and purchased SIM.

alright. all done. airtel store again was useless. they were out of prepaid recharge. i mean wtf.

they told me to recharge with two amounts initially 43 and 28. 43 was for validity. 28 was for pay per second plan activation.

after that i got a 400 rupee recharge. no full talk time. wtf!

then used the *567# to activate the gprs plan.

works fine now.

frequent popups for usage on data are annoying. but it seems to be working smoothly compared to aircel i have been using all this time.

let's see if it works on roaming where i am going tonight.

You could have done a recharge from freecharge.in for 333 and would have got 333 moreover they wont have given you the number invalid shit

Is 98Rs unltd gprs, unrestricted too? Esp. can u run fring on it?

yes

2gb is download limit, if 2gb expires in less than 30 days then again rechage with rs 98 , provided you have not subscribed by *567# procedure

Back