Airtel IPTV launch in Bangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter karthik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 34,065
Status
Not open for further replies.
Admin, I am not promoting Airtel IPTV but I strongly feel that BW is still not an issue with airtel as they have recently upgraded / or on the process of upgade their network nationally for three things basically - one for IPTV launch, second for 3G launch & third for WIMAX launch. As far as the bandwidth capping on 6MBPS is concerned Airtel may be doing that for generating more demand or generating curiousity in the market, eventually such trouble may be momentary but going ahead they have already demonstrated 8MPBS speed delivery on a single pair of copper!! As IPTV / Triple play market develops (demand & revenue) Airtel may commit more investments on technology to enhance market offerings..Morever I have heard that some operators are also planning triple play via fiber to avoid the technical glitch of 8MBPS cap.. as known fiber bandwidth transmission supports up to 10GBPS bandwidth!!!Cheeeeeers again!!:thumbsup:

oh well. the wiring they have done around the country. only they know how much of it is high quality. thankfully my sector was covered under high quality wiring so i got the iptv connection without much hassle.

YES Boss... IPTV is a Two way interactive service & hence opens a hell of oppurtunity in future development of technology to subscribers.. take alook on list below:1. Video Conference call. (It is a separate service but todays technology it is already possible using internet bandwidth, but this service will be on a local BW)2. Direct cast: post your local live CAMERA (CCTV / Studio / WEBCAM etc) / studio works on live webpage (already happenning as of now using internet bw, what is new is this would be Via local net)3. TV Banking : Heard of Branch Banking, internet banking, mobile banking, SMS banking, now hear this TV Banking (reliance / dish tv has started this but not fully a two way interactive)4. TV Marketing: TELEMARKETING, order Pizzas, PVR movie tickets, flight tickets, utility bill payments, etc, etc with a click of remote on the onscreen menu. (This will be a live service unlike delayed services as offered by some DTH operators)More you can think & add left to your creativity & operators ability:urock:>>>

oh well things are looking good for the future.

the problem is STB... with the addition of new features. they would have to replace the STBs someday...

airtel treats the iptv stb as a modem/router... so i guess they would provide free upgrades. hopefully. :pleasehelp:

----------

we all know the mess with dth stbs...

Tata Sky and zee dish tv are stuck with mpeg2 stbs.

True Airtel is treating STBs as modems / routers etc for IPTV.. But the market for IPTV in INDIA is still on a nascent stage..I.e is the reason Reliance IPTV has concentrated on more interactive services - their STB's would come frm microsoft platform & not frm some korean STB maker!! All said & done But the hell Reliance does not have copper wireline retail subscribers as Airtel or BSNL is having. Reliance is still no way near in matching IPTV delivery to end subscribers. May be that is the reason reliance is not made fully commercial IPTV launch across INDIA. I have hardly heard of any Reliance IPTV customer..Q: Is reliance really offerring IPTV? Can any RCOM IPTV Customer speak up in some thread of this forum?:ohyea:

i am no fan of reliance and i am no fan of microsoft technologies. the only problem i am facing in my fiat linea is the microsoft powered blue&me bluetooth technology which is a messy piece of shit. i dont think i had like to have a microsoft technology powered IPTV STB which would be running on version of embedded windows. Linux is fine for me which powers my Airtel STB.

any idea in changes of plan tariff. I am in the 1599 plan with 512kbps. Looking at the new plans in the basic broadband where you can get 1mbps from 1299 onwards, I am wondering if airtel will increase speeds in IPTV too?I guess they can give upto 2Mbps for broadband out of the 8Mbps.Or maybe I should go for the basic IPTV plan for 399 and get the 1299 pack separately, I get 100 bucks free talk time too, so it evens it out?

i have been asking that question to myself since days now. i sent an email to a senior airtel guy asking him to revise the iptv plans. or at least add some new ones with faster speeds. he confirmed that he has delivered the message to the relevant person. something might happen or might not. i am PMing you his email id. send him an email requesting the same! maybe they would do something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back