Airtel IPTV Launched! Airtel digital TV interactive

• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 106
  • Views Views 63,676
Status
Not open for further replies.
The total cost of one Airtel IPTV box is Rs. 683/- inclusive of all....as communicated by Airtel purchasing guy..unofficially...!!!

When will IPTV be launched all over India?In Mangalore?

i bet airtel is making a profit on the iptv set top box. but in the end they are the ones who have to run the service and make it profitable. i just need to know whether the service is reliable enough... my cable guy is driving me insane. i paid 1200 bucks for the connection and set top box and 1 month subscription and he cannot even get me a decent feed for star world.

Cable service in Gurgaon is pathetic....you better opt for IPTV or DTH. I am in Dwarka, New Delhi and here cable service is quite good. If we call in mid night they come and correct. So I am betting for their service which far cheaper than these. They also install a camera at society gate and link that with channel no 00. So any time you can watch which person is on gate to meet you when secuirity personal call you about visitor....great service for us. Another service...cable guys also live telecast local functions, jaagran etc and above all " all new movie"...all @150 to 200.

:confused: hard to say dude, i was talking to one of theses guys who manage airtel network & he said they are yet to purchase the equipment to setup IPTV in bangalore !

yeap cable services in huda sectors in gurgaon is crap. dlf cable guys are pretty good. i see a lot of dishes in my sector that shows how good the cable guy in my area is.

some progress finally. i had placed the order phone on friday.nothing happened till today. in the morning i mailed one of their top guys. got several calls after that. they told me to wait for sometime so that they can check the feasibility of providing IPTV at my place.got a call that they can indeed provide me iptv at my place.some dude would come now to collect the 4K ::cry: deposit.let's see how long does it take for them to install the thing at my place.

basically you are not paying for the dabba. you are paying for the installation of IPTV at your place. you own the dabba. but airtel provides the service. the installation guy told me that as long as i am paying for iptv, they would take care of the dabba and the remote. unless of course i break it intentionally. if i discontinue the service, the dabba stays with me (that's what he told me) but then i have little use for the dabba without the airtel connectivity because it is also as locked as the STB from DTH companies. at least they are not forcing me to pay for AMC on the iptv dabba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back