• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 106
  • Views Views 63,676
Status
Not open for further replies.
Digital TV from Airtel

And it Costs Rs.3,999
They are charging Rs.90 for ESPN,Star Cricket and Star sports while its Rs.45 in DTH!!
And the remote looks UGLY while the interface is same as their DTH!

BTW, STB has HDMI,SPDIF,USB along with other ports!

heh. it has delhi aaj tak. that means i can take it. if they can provide it to me as an addon!

BTW, STB has HDMI,SPDIF,USB along with other ports!
Interestingly, while the diagram on this page shows HDMI, the legend that goes along with it terms it a "Reserved Interface."

Anyway, as of yet, I see no advantage over conventional TV systems (CAS, DTH). Let's see what they do with the potential of IPTV.

And if IPTV seriously means that your BB speed would be restricted to 256kbps, they can kiss my @$$. That would be a seriously stupid move, as most people who would be interested in IPTV would be tech savvy people, who are more than likely already on 512kbps.

i think users of mtnl iptv have similar restrictions on broadband speeds. this is pretty weird response from airtel.

I think, nowhere in the world, IPTV has scored over conventional TV (DTH or cable). I believe integrated solutions will not succeed in the long run; what happened to the computer-TV launched by Kalyani-sharp a few years ago?

well the problem is with bundling. why not offer IPTV without the bundled broadband connection! if a customer has a airtel landline, let him use just the iptv feature and not broadband!or why not just give the customer access to iptv without landline or broadband.it's definitely a problem if all the three services go down because of a random wire cut. that has happened with me. i ended up with a dead phone and dead internet. but at least i had the television working so that saved my ass from boredom.

At present theres nothing much +ve points in Airtel IPTV as compared to Airtel DTH..except Time Shift TV,but thats again available only in few channels.They should have offered Universal Remote with IPTV also :whistle:

As you are aware we have launched digital TV interactive services, better
known as IPTV, on 19th January with two launch offers, we wish to apprise
you that we shall be coming up with newer and customised offers for our
existing customers in the next few days.

We would shortly launch top ups for existing voice and broadband customers
and the same would be communicated to you accordingly.

there is some hope.

It also mentions as 999 + Service taxes extra which will be 12% including surcharge ! huh.. Not at all interesting..DTH is still better ...

256kbps unlimited from airtel comes at what i think 750 bucks. so they are charging around 250 for iptv... and it has most of the sports channel in the bundle i think...

the diagram shows that iptv can work from a wireless router. which i think is pretty unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back