Airtel IPTV not working in Bangalore after software update

gopichandpai

Regular
ISP
Airtel
2 Days back there was some software update on airtel iptv set top box. Update got stuck at 95% for more than an hour. When I called the customer care, I got the information that more than 50 people are facing this problem after the software update.Its been 2 days it is not fixed. After calling airtel customer care many times and after the issue escalation I was told that they have to replace the set top box and they don't have a stock right now!It shows how bad and pathetic airtel service is... If you are planning to buy airtel IPTV then please avoid it.Last time when my iptv stopped working they took 12 days to fix it.I would suggest cable tv with digital set top is the best thing rather than going to IPTV.Thanks,Gopichand Pai

did not notice any update on my device. but it has been working fine at my place with all the usual glitches.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

remains a fact though. even senior airtel guys agree that the service is still in beta quality stage.

Finally got the set top box replaced after making so many calls to customer care and the agency...I can see couple of visible difference after the software update1) When you turn on a channel or change a channel, after a couple of seconds EPG appears which was not there before the software update. Before the software update we had to press Ok/Info button to see the EPG2) When you are selecting from a list of channels or selecting a time shift channel, Channel number to which your cursor is pointed is shown in red...

Back