Airtel is getting disconnect in linksys WAG200G

• Thread starter Thread starter priyausa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6,013

priyausa

ISP
BSNL
please help me. Linksys WAG200G modem with router getting disconnect from airtel for every 2min. some time it not getting disconnect for 2 hrs. Airtel engineer telling Linksys WAG200G firmware is not support by airtel. so it will be their, take airtel rounter.Before i was using BSNL this same linksys WAG200G was working superb.iam asking broadbandforum experts to help me in this problem.Advance thanks

waiting for experts from broadband forum. please help.Advance thanks

1Ensure, you get a stable connection , when connected to
Modem only.
If 220BX1 In DSL page select GDMT T413 Glite and Bitswap enabled.
Uncheck rest and try.
http://i6.tinypic.com/6ur7rd3.jpg

2 Check stability :LAN1 from WAG200 to computer ethernet port.

3.Then WIFI connection
see
Answer

4. TRy connecting RJ45 from Modem to LAN1 of WAG200G,
Instead of WAN port.

5. Try openDNs 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222

i've had a similar issue with a Netgear wifi router.. it helped by upgrading firmware... look for various firmware available for your model.. and choose the appropriate one , every firmware mentions the bugs it would fix , so choose the one which prevents this rebooting..

i upgraded to latest firmware also. But still it not working fine. The DSL light in the Linksys not stable. Its going off and coming again.But if i use airtel modem its working great. no disconnect.So the airtel engineer told me to use airtel modem and connect the Ethernet jack to linksys modem/router then from linksys connect the ethernet jack to pc.By doing like this its working fine. Now iam using linksys modem and router like switch. :wall::wall::wall:

Linksys wag200ag is a very moody router, if it works it just works out of the box, if it doesn't u get the issues which u are facing with your airtel line, u urself have mentioned that with bsnl it worked gr8, best is to use the way u have set up now as nothing else can be done.If you really want to push the matter further u can call linksys support and troubleshoot it for an hour, after which they will tell u to get it exchanged for a new peice and try with the other one to see if it works, this is because the wag200ag is a us model router which is being sold in india and does not work with all adsl lines,I have gone through the same hence providing the details,i am due to get another replacement router from linksys and to test whether this time it works or not with a bsnl line.Option is yours .. what you want to try ??

Linksys wag200ag is a very moody router

i am due to get another replacement router from linksys and to test whether this time it works or not with a bsnl line.

Option is yours .. what you want to try ??

Thanks a lot man, its very sad to hear that i bought a wrong model. I was about to buy Netgear, but friend told to buy linksys.

Hey if i asked for replacement then again they give this same linksys wag200g or some other model which will work fine with all internet provider.

Thanks for the reply

Linksys wag200ag is a very moody router, if it works it just works out of the box, if it doesn't u get the issues which u are facing with your airtel line, u urself have mentioned that with bsnl it worked gr8, best is to use the way u have set up now as nothing else can be done.

@dushy
can't one run the linksys wag200ag in bridge mode/repeating mode.
or vice versa use beetel 110bx1 in bridge mode and use the linksys PPPOE.?

not connecting the linksys to the dsl line shud resolve the problem. ie if it can be done...:thumbsup:

1.In your Airtel modem Under Maintenance
do you have Client TR-069? enabled ?

Yes it is enabled and give some user id and password.

2. Can you use WAG200 now in WIFI mode ?

Yes its working WIFI when connect the airtel modem to Linksys modem/router.

3. Change MTU to 1492 and try.
4. Also Mod keep only GDMT, t413 G lite and Bitswap enabled.

You Want me to change these setting in airtel modem or linksys modem/router.

Thanks for the reply.

Back