Airtel is not changing broadband plan though requested. why?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rama Venkat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,519

Rama Venkat

I am requesting Airtel to change my broadband plan from 999 to 499. they are not changing instead sending messages something like this "We would like to inform you that your request is still in progress. Its priority of our team to resolve it as early as possible and we will keep you informed on this." ad nauseum. I have reminded a number of times for the past more than one month.

did you apply through the app or through phone support?

through email to ---
nodal southabts <[email protected]> one
sample reply after more than a month.
quote: "
We have already escalated your issue to the concern team. Our team is coordinating with the concerned authorities to resolve this issue on high priority.We would like to inform you that your request is still in progress. Its priority of our team to resolve it as early as possible and we will keep you informed on this."
unquote
same reply every time I remind them.

They say "Our team is coordinating with the concerned authorities to resolve this issue on high priority." for the past more than a month

Put them on email that since it is a technical issue at Airtel's end, you as a customer are not responsible for it and are not liable to pay the rent of 999 starting immediately. You have requested for 499 plan and that is what you'll pay. Airtel can take their own sweet time to resolve it and you won't followup again.

approx end of Feb 2021 they asked me to pay 588.82 (not the usual payment of 1178 ) which I paid. Does it mean they have changed plan to 499 but still no confirmation of change of plan to 499 either in airtel thanks app not self care webpage. these pages still show old plan 999. now whom to appeal. Do not know what is happening in arrtel customer care. I have to complain higher. Airtel is claiming that all problems can be solved through Airtel thanks app.

Yeah just pay the 588 and sit quietly . They will change the plan when their books are not getting tallied . Record the call and keep when you call them next time incase they lawyer up
Getting them on a call to talk is like a struggle in itself and after all that , they give computer like replies .

Last edited:

Back