airtel is not letting me port my number to Uninor (mobile number portability)

• Thread starter Thread starter iChaitanya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 108
  • Views Views 52,706
--link removed--

A new reason as per complaint
due to :”legal reasons”

The government needs to get up from their sleep !

I think they have as yesterdays Economic Times said that DOT has asked for a report from all service providers regarding MNP, that where I got the info about TERM post #48 above.

Good news is that I shifted one of my Idea Lifetime Prepaid connection to Uninor. I don't want to leave Idea ,but poor coverage and frequent call drop is main reason for leaving them. Though I'm not going to change another Idea number as I like Idea services and they never gave me PITA like sucktel does. In short I'm going to apply for MNP from my sucktel connection next week . if again its going to reject, sim will be flushed in toilet with my shit for sure !

Good news is that I shifted one of my Idea Lifetime Prepaid connection to Uninor. I don't want to leave Idea ,but poor coverage and frequent call drop is main reason for leaving them. Though I'm not going to change another Idea number as I like Idea services and they never gave me PITA like sucktel does. In short I'm going to apply for Mobile Number Portability from my sucktel connection next week . if again its going to reject, sim will be flushed in toilet with my shit for sure !

Didn't you face any problems of your request getting rejected because you were on 'Lifetime'?

Didn't you face any problems of your request getting rejected because you were on 'Lifetime'?
No Problem at all. These are lame excuses and cheap tactics adopted by sucktel. If they(sucktel) think they can retain me by these cheap stunts, they having a misleading idea about it !

grr. stop posting links to these consumer complaints related websites. they are worse than mouthshut.

m also facing similar issueCircle : Delhi NCRPortout network : Reliance CDMAPort in network : AircelUPC generation date : 24 Jan 2011Applied to aircel with all formalities (adress proof, id proof, upc code) on 27 Jan 2011verification done by aircel on 28 jan.till then no message from 1900, no message from aircel, no message from reliance.I contacted aircel executive which told me that from our side every thing is complete, reliance is not releasing your number.I went Reliance web world, the guy told me that there is no problem form reliance.called CC @198, they told me that it is still in process. I asked already 7 days over. he replied sir we cannot say anything but it will resolve soon, no time given.but the one important thing i did not recieved any msg from 1900 or aircel or reliance regarding mnp process.what should i do ?

m also facing similar issue

Circle : Delhi NCR
Portout network : Reliance CDMA
Port in network : Aircel
UPC generation date : 24 Jan 2011
Applied to aircel with all formalities (adress proof, id proof, upc code) on 27 Jan 2011
verification done by aircel on 28 jan.
till then no message from 1900, no message from aircel, no message from reliance.
I contacted aircel executive which told me that from our side every thing is complete, reliance is not releasing your number.
I went Reliance web world, the guy told me that there is no problem form reliance.
called CC @198, they told me that it is still in process. I asked already 7 days over. he replied sir we cannot say anything but it will resolve soon, no time given.
but the one important thing i did not recieved any msg from 1900 or aircel or reliance regarding mnp process.

what should i do ?

Department of Telecommunications- Units

Back