Airtel is rolling out IPv6 on their wired broadband services

They will continue doing so. I am trying since 3 years to make them understand that BNG's throughput limitation is the issue with 300mbps plan.

sadly, they dont give a f.
I was in touch with Airtel's Lucknow NOC guy, he behaves weird, saying just disable ipv6 and shit.

I am sorry to break it to you guys...your expectations from a home BB connection are way too high.

Airtel and other large ISPs don't give a f**k about what we think about their routing, BNG gear etc etc anything operated or controlled by the NOCs. As long as the connection works ie the standard is Speedtest they wont bother.

@Chip thats the issue bro, I am not keeping great expectations from BB. But if I am paying for 300Mbps speed, I should get it right?
But I do not get it, talking about the standard speedtest by ookla. If theyre not capable of 300Mbps, they shouldnt be advertising and selling the 300Mbps plan.

@Vibhu If you do not get 300 on Ookla then you have a right to remedies. Register a fault and have your line checked. Also, is this directly via Airtel or a LCO?

LCO. But consider it direct only because LCO is only responsible for last mile connectivity.
I got two fiber cables changed and speed issue is still there. Infact, I got several ONTs changed as well.

Then you need to take it up with the LCO as well, Airtel has given them primary responsibilty of addressing customer concerns. Any NOC related issues will be handled by Airtel.

It works the same way for me with my BSNL line. I don't take up issues with BSNL...directly with my LCO.

I don't think airtel is going to fix this issue anytime soon no matter how many times you complain and considering the amount of time and energy one would invest to get these types of issue fixed, it's not worth it. You might consider moving to a different ISP altogether if Airtel doesn't meet your requirements. As long as IPv6 is considered, your internet would work just fine even if you disable it unless you access IPv6 only content/website.
If you don't have any other decent ISP in your locality, consider moving to a lower plan of 100 or 200 Mbps which is way more than enough for a normal household. If they didn't give a f in 3 years, what makes you think they would care now? Airtel's cc support has already gone for a toss in the last few months so i don't think they will fix this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back