Airtel Limiting download speed for unlimited plan?

ISP
BSNL Fiber 750GB
hi alli am new here..well my case is before a month i was having plan speed 500 in wehich my download limit is 1gb and from night 9 till morning 8 is free...but this plan not anymore..i DL so much so i shifted to unlimited plan..256kbpseven when i had limted plan(speed 500) before night 9 and after 8 in the morning i used to get a solid speed of 33kbps.. i mostly use with BITtorrent appwell now after i migrated to this new plan .. i RARELY seee my speed touching atleast 30kbpsi called the customer care and they sent a service man today.. he inspected and told some SH#t stories about how their system works...and another problem which i face recently is it automatically disconnects and reconnects itself.. my question ius ... # have any one having similar problem?# does Airtel preventing user from downloading , say those who put downloads from link-removed... by disconnecting ..they can terminate the download and no way they can resume it unlesss they r premium members...?thnks for reading thru..waiting for reply

well, i've also observed the same regarding the u/l and regular plan...regarding link-removed - never had a prob with that....

why r they doing like this ???arent we paying thier horrible bills??why cant they provide good service..for me ..now a days i get only around 28-30still i loose around 5-6 kbps.. which a lot .. when dl huge files...

why r they doing like this ???

arent we paying thier horrible bills??

why cant they provide good service..

for me ..now a days i get only around 28-30
still i loose around 5-6 kbps.. which a lot .. when dl huge files..

28-30kbps is OK on torrents and u arent losing 5-6 kBps ,only 2-3 kBps are lost as the max DL speed on a 256k connection is 32 kBps.
btw i also suffer same problem with my mtnl 949 UL plan.
thank god i have changed to 749NU which gives me decent speeds of 2mbps and UL DL -12-8 am.

well, i am also feeling the same. my speeds are in range of 8-12kBps for 128UL plan. damn those airtails.

well, i am also feeling the same. my speeds are in range of 8-12kBps for 128UL plan. damn those airtails.
now those are not good ones.on a 128k connection u get 16kBps DL speed.but during peak hours u will get 14-15kBps.u r not getting up to mark speeds.complian to airtel.

They will not listen so long as you are getting >50% of the speeds, i.e for 256Kbps speeds >128Kbps will not be classified as "slow/low", remember it is "upto 256Kbps" not dedicated 256Kbps.Regarding my speeds, i get anywhere from 16KB/s to 20KB/s on my 128Kbps line, and to top that i get double (32 to 36KB/s) from 11PM to 7AM. No Complaints here. :)

I dunno, but they definitely have different plans/policies for different cities. Guess they work according to the competition they face from city to city.BTW, if you look at posts from 2006 in the forum, you will notice almost all Airtel customers from the North were getting lower speeds, i too got 12KB/s during the day and 24KB/s at night almost the entire 2006 year. In 2005 and now in 2007 the speeds have been steady 16KB/s+, they started night double for me in Dec 2005, still getting it even now. :)

Lucky you karan, they have limited my night speed to same as day speed.. :wall:maybe they do limit it, as nearly all people who were(are:whistle:) heavy downloaders have reported night double speed gone since last 2 months or so..

Back