Airtel might roll out SA for FWA by August or September

• Thread starter Thread starter Crane
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1,329
@Crane
Yep, looking forward to it.

It’s almost a month now i can’t still can’t check Airfiber details on Airtel app

I’m on 3532₹ plan 40mbps
The guy removed dth and ott from it
Said it would last 6 months

Lets see

@Crane
New leaks suggest that airtel is going to launch Iptv, if that happens there is no point in limiting upto 1 TB cause obviosly the data usage will shoot up.

Interesting 🧐
Btw i know someone who has 200mbps on Airfiber they have different plans as per location

Wait so it uses internet but doesn’t consume data from FUP?

IPTV is powered by local data centers. It uses internet protocol but data transfer is not part of internet usage. It's not broadcast over public internet. So you can't access it outside your network like you do Netflix and other apps to access live TV.

I had Airtel IPTV when it was first launched. I had a 2 or 4mbps connection on same router. But it was not affected by TV usage.

Basically... It uses your router and the regular cables. But actual IPTV data is broadcasted over a different port or something which is not part of the actual internet. TV content is broadcasted from ISP's localized servers. So even if your account is FUPed or whatever, it would broadcast normally.

At least this is how regular original IPTV works. Companies today stream TV content over web and call it IPTV. Excitel is doing this I think. That is just streaming live tv over internet. It's not what IPTV originally was.

Airtel IPTV service in late 2000s was alright. I had access to most of the useful channels. And I had access to last 30 day programming! Without doing anything locally. UI was crazy slow but it worked. I never had to care about watching any show at its broadcast time. We just watched the shows when we wanted to watch.

Here is an old thread on the same.

Last edited:

Back