Airtel Mobile would soon start accepting Aadhaar for Proof of Identity & Proof of Address

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 5,823
i have another question. isn't uid number is supposed to be critical in nature. i mean isn't it supposed to be like the american ssn? you do not just give out your number to random people? i thought it was supposed to be secretive as it can be used to well steal your identity. :\giving away a photocopy of your aadhaar card? i am not sure if it is a good idea.i have pinged sunil abraham and pranesh prakash asking if they can tell anything about this.

Yes, it's like SSN number.AOL, Verizon or any other service do not ask for the customers complete SSN number for any verification if you call them, they ask for the last 4 numbers or so.So, I believe the customer has to provide the SSN while registering for any service, in US it's fine.In India, it's going to be a privacy concern, for sure.

so it has a physical card. i bet you do not submit photocopies of it for mobile applications :D just the number would do.

In case of Voters ID or PAN Card it makes sense to submit photocopies.It doesn't make sense when it comes to UIDAI, they should setup eye scanning machines everywhere so that one could give the number and verify it's his :D

lol. and here i thought they were supposed to scan your card to verify it from the central servers to confirm that you are who you say you are!

Too early to comment about it to be honest, they must have such a system in place.

i am just concerned that the mobile shop owner can make 10 photocopies of the copy he got from bobbyguitarist and sell them to terrorists :\

Back