Airtel Modem 110BX1 with Tp-Link MR3420

• Thread starter Thread starter peabhi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,778

peabhi

ISP
Airtel
Hi I bought the Wifi modem TP-Link 3420 recently but it is not working wiht my modem.I did a quick setup and it didnt work so went abt troubleshooting - And upgrated to latest firmwars from TP-Link.But that too didnt work, and so i looked over and airtel uses PPPoE for connection - Which when i am trying to set in my Wifi device asks for username and password which i am not aware.Wht shd i do now to both of it work???Any help is greately appreciated!!Abhi

umm try username: username and password as :password or look on the wifi device or the box in which it came for username and password!

I am able to enter the wifi router config area... I meant username / Password to access airtel via PPPoE - When i set this setting Router needs username and password to connect....

then just type your desired username and your desired password....i mean if i want username as bobbyguitarist...i would type bobbyguitarist in the username field and then if i want qwerty as password...i would type qwerty in the password field!

Well.. Issue is solved by changing the default IP start of the Router - Change it to something like 192.168.2.1 for safety and your modem and Router IP conflict is resolved and internet will work now... Stupid of TP-Link to not do this automatically...My modem IP was 192.168.1.1 ....And go by default settings....

Stupid of TP-Link to not do this automatically...

It's not just with TP-Link, you have to change IP of any router when attaching it with an ADSL Modem.

It's not just with TP-Link, you have to change IP of any router when attaching it with an ADSL Modem.

I had Netgear and Belkin before and they never had this problem. Same net connection n modem 3 Wifi devices and only TP Link had issues...

Back