Airtel new 8 mbps plan

• Thread starter Thread starter yat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,673

yat

ISP
Airtel broadband
I saw an ad today in delhi times about airtel 8 mb speed plan.....n in small font there was written"*speed indicated is only speed up to our ISP Node and is given on best effort basis as per TRAI guideline on quality of service for braodband service."I once read in an magazine about TRAI making it compulsory for isp's to provide minimum 512 kbps at cheaper rates like wat we pay for 128 kbps now. Is there anybody know more about it???

well trai just recommends that connections with minimum speeds of 256kbps can be named broadband.they cannot force any company to give connections at a particular speed for a particular cost. and most companies promise just around half of the speeds labeled in the package. trai requires them to provide at least 80% of the showcased speed on the package. and most companies only promise speeds from their own servers. which are located in close proximity to your city/house.

#Post edited to avoid confusionIMO this is just a start .Lets see how other ISP reacts .

Is this true? I would like a source... And why would 512 kpbs be 1550 when it is already 1499? Or is that including tax?

Is this true? I would like a source...

And why would 512 kpbs be 1550 when it is already 1499? Or is that including tax?
he is talking about neon broadband the only wifi broadband service provider in india offering 8mbps unlimited for 7550 dont know what the upto 8mbps means to them it can be 56kbps-8mbps:rofl:

Why is he posting it in here then?
Sorry ,I have edited that post .I was posting that somewhere else .

Back