Airtel new router: Sercomm AOT-4221SR

@tomatojuicepie was able to execute the above with the help of chatGPT, only once was I successful in updating the DNS after a few tries but now it won't update and get "Parse Error: Invalid header value char" everytime. I am able to generate session id everytime but WAN config is giving this error everytime.

Last edited:
GedLozo.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
In my experience this is super flawed router.
I know at-least 3 person having exact same DNS issue.

If we set custom LAN DNS on this router it works for few hours and on IP renewal it starts to assign "127.0.0.1" as the DNS and internet won't work on those devices anymore unless you reboot the router or manually set DNS on the connected devices.

I am trying to explain this issue to airtel CC since last 20 days but they have universal solution for all the problems:
  • Restart the router
  • Hard reset the router

And they assure that issue won't happen again.

I recently upgraded from Nokia to this sercomm aot and getting 500Mbps download through wifi but when I tried wireless it's going 350Mbps and my plan is 300Mbps I think they set something on their router

Wifi and wireless is same. So I am a little confused. Airtel does give more speed because their IPv4 and IPv6 each gives your plan speed.

I have this router with Static IP and Bridge mode enabled.
Is there a way to use both Route mode and bridge mode simultaneously in the same router?
I want Lan port to be in Bridge mode so that I can use my personal VPN device (TP-Link TLR605) and the Sercomm Wifi to be in Route mode so that I can use it for home wifi.

I do not have ppoe configured on this router and is connected through StaticIP without ppoe password. Hence I can use route mode only if I set the Static IP to the Sercom router which disables the TPlink Router (since it uses the same static IP in bridge mode)

Back