Airtel Nokia 2.5Ghz is completely dead looking for options

• Thread starter Thread starter sgajjala
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 1,735
ISP
Airtel
I have Nokia G-2425G-A router . recently I started facing speed issues with 2.4Ghz band. The speed is hardly 2-3Mbps. They tried all the options like reload, back end reset etc.. but nothing helped. Technician says that he can connect one mesh router but again the settings will be blocked on that. I wanted to buy my own router and connect it in bridge mode.

Will this Nokia router supports connecting in bridge mode. If so, please suggest available options to buy from local market instead getting from Airtel again!!

Is there a way to change the channel number in the above router?

Nokia does support bridge mode. You'll have to ask CC to enable it.

You can also connect another router via the LAN port and use it just as a wireless access point. This does not need bridge mode.

@TJ10 , Would you please provide router options for the second one ( connect another router via LAN port )
Also please share me the procedure to connect external router via LAN port. I am ok to purchase new router and use it as my access point

@sgajjala I used my old ISPs TP-Link Archer C5 as the access point. Any other router would work though.

The steps would be slightly different based on the brand of the router but generally you have to -
  • Connect the routers via ethernet cable plugged into LAN port.
  • Enable the Access point mode on the connected router.
  • Give the Access Point a static IP, really important step.
  • Disable the DHCP server on the connected router.
  • Setup SSID and Password.
  • Disable WiFi on the main router.

LAN is easier to setup.
Bridge Mode gives you more control.

I don't have much experience with other routers but I've seen the TP-Link Archer C6 suggested frequently on the forums.

Finally I got the TP-Link Archer AX10 today. I tried first in bridge mode. Seems to be working. This is what I did

1. Change the LAN4 port of Nokia 2425G in Bridge mode
2. Connect LAN4 of Nokia to WAN port of TP Link router
3. Dial the PPPoE connection from TPlink by adding the PPPoE username and password.
4. The connections shows up
5. Enabled only 2.4G radio in TPlink for testing. I could connect my mobile. However If I disable DHCP server in TP link, it doesn't get IP address. I need to enable DHCP pool in external router itself

I need help in doing -----

wanted to disable the WiFi in Nokia and use the WiFi only from TP link - How do I achieve this
Do I need to enable DHCP Server in both Nokia and TP link?
How do I access the web interface of both the routers? For Ex : Suppose I give 192.168.1.1 to Nokia and 192.168.1.100 to TP link and wanted to use DHCP pool like 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.99 Does this combination work?

Appreciate your help

I am not able to access Nokia router IP since its not given by DHCP of TP-Link. Is there a way to add the IP in external router like static route or something!!

I am using the same subnet in both Nokia and TP link as explained above. Anyway I disabled the radios of Nokia so all the WiFi requests are handled by TP link only

Back