• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 5,965

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
ISP
Airtel Broadband + 4G and Voda 4G
I've been seeing Validity of 24-Aug-2013 on my prepaid for more than a year now in U.P.(East), recently checked on a friends Airtel and he's having 20 or so years remaining :pissed-off:
Using this cellphone occasionally but Its recharged for 2G usage and voice top-up from time to time.
Even with recharges over Rs.200 in last 30-45 days the validity has not increased,
As per my english understanding TRAI guidelines say Rs.200 within 6 months should be done, now when I've already done those recharges why I am shown FIXED Validity.
Should I port this number ??????

I say wait it out. I think it'll automatically increase unless you're on a non-lifetime tariff plan. Check your tariff plan.

Right. It should increase by itself. Or you might need to go for a cheap recharge that would put you on the lifetime plan like iChaitanya indicated. You might never have applied for this 'upgrade' :P

will hunt for that tariff now, don't want to loose this number :-)

called customer care, they assured validity will increase automatically, no need to worry as many recharges were done in recent months already.
however will check with local near by shop and do a Rs.1 or Rs.5 recharge as it shows tariff for 6 months or so.

I had a BSNL number which I rarely used. But had to recharge for a min 110 bucks every 3 months. I was on a lifetime plan. BSNL said incoming would be free for lifetime, but talktime is limited.
Ported to Aircel. Got 50 bucks worth talktime for free. Recharged with 60 bucks 4 months back after that. Still have 50 bucks left. Valid till 2023!

@ChaiBiskutBhai : yeah to my experience Aircel doesn't disconnects you like Voda/Airtel.
Had one number which I had for 2+ years and was having a balance of Rs.100. never used that number but since their
3G was doing good in my area I was surprised to see it working without any problem.

Back