Airtel should stop using the term Unlimited

ISP
BSNL Fiber 750GB
Hi…
Many network companies have started a bad trend of using sexy terms like “Unlimited” ” free” ..etc to attract consumers , with a added *

on these terms..
After their left and right use of term “Unlimited” i went to Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com and found the following

Define : Unlimited

un·lim·it·ed
/?n?l?m?t?d/ Show Spelled[uhn-lim-i-tid]
–adjective
1.not limited; unrestricted; unconfined: unlimited trade.
2.boundless; infinite; vast: the unlimited skies.
3.without any qualification or exception; unconditional.

—Synonyms
1. unconstrained, unrestrained, unfettered.

And after reading this i again saw the Airtel`s offer …
Here is that offer/sms , have a look and wonder

As you can see they have written that you get unlimited internet and for them unlimited means 2GB .. so in other words … whole internet is now only 2GB …. Thanks airtel , this week i will get a broadband and download the whole internet ( 2GB ).They are lying through their teeth and we are keeping mum… Why is that they cant be true to their customers ?

If you are only going to provide 2GB , then tell us straight .. why do you want to use the term “Unlimited” ? This should stop and their broadband plans are full of these kind of S#@!t ……

-Urs Siva

TRAI has to step in and stop the operators from misleading customers, Airtel (or any other operator) won't stop lying in the advertisements unless there are penalties.

I wholeheartedly agree with you buddy.I bet Airtel and the other telecos are looking towards their cousins in the west thinking that if they can get away with cheating their customers without fear of any punishment, and that too in countries where people don't think twice before filing a lawsuit, then the Indians are just easy easy money.Me included as I just paid 98 bucks for a 2 Gb *unlimited* internet plan a week ago.:eek:

TRAI has to step in and stop the operators from misleading customers, Airtel (or any other operator) won't stop lying in the advertisements unless there are penalties.

If by "TRAI", you mean "DoT", then yeah. But if Telecoms companies in India had to pay out for every time they lied in advertising... they'd all be in receivership.

airtel is the biggest crook on earth they always say something and do something else trai should intervene and slove these kind of issues.

airtel is the biggest crook on earth they always say something and do something else trai should intervene and slove these kind of issues.

Believe me, there are far bigger crooks out there than Airtel. Oh wait, now that I think about it... maybe not.

When we're talking about advertising, you need to talk to ASCI | Advertising Standards Regulations - NEW or some similar organization.

Airtel are actually satisfying the regulations as far as the TRAI is concerned because the details about the plans are available (at least, usually) in the literature and on the website, and there is not really any regulation about having fair-usage policies.

Certain other companies may not be compliant, however, because the FUP limits can be a bit harder to find - I may be wrong, but I think Tata doesn't publish the FUP limits on the website, yet they have FUPs and they are more expensive than Airtel. Granted, the FUPs are also a bit better too: I think for roughly the same price you get 105GB instead of 50, but again, may be wrong (it's been a while since I checked the details.

In real life though, I think FUPs are fine, so long as they are in fact fair to the customers too - for Rs1600 or 1700 + tax, 40 or 50GB for a 2mbit/s plan is not fair to the customer. 100 or 150GB I think might be more fair.

Back