Airtel takes me to grand old days!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter selvam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,297
Applied for Airtel broadband connection through online for my home in kasturi nagar Bangalore.
In two days they got the documents , done the feasibility study and said everything okay.
They even got created the number 080-42001050 which was visible in my airtel linked postpaid mobile account.
Then they gave the shocking and embarrassing reason they don't have port to give the connection.
Made me believe we are 10 years back , hearing BSNL saying connections are full in the village.

Come on Airtel !! Anyone can provide service with limited connections.

Embarrassing to hear from number 1 ISP!!!

to be fair, no isp would give you a connection if ports are not available in the local box :D

Can this ports not be increased?? Few days ago my friend too was turned away for the same reason. In this way Airtel will lose a lot of prospective customers.

i think they need to install an additional box with new wirings. and the costing is in lakhs per box. @mgcarley should have a better idea :) so unless there are more than a handful of new customers, it makes no financial sense to add an additional box. recovering the investment would take years.

I don't get it. While installing the DP, why don't they account for all the flats in a particular building?

Or, is it because some flats are taking multiple airtel connections?

probably because the probability that every flat in a society would be occupied and all of them would take a broadband connection from the same service provider is very low.

Back