Airtel to label verified spammers on both calls and texts #AirtelFightsSPAM

They themselves Spam (through Robo calls) for STB recovery, and never come to collect :D

I am not sure how it works with any existing database you are using. Google has its own. Samsung uses Hiya. Lots of people use Truecaller and such.

I am getting bombarded with political robocalls coz elections are due next month. And Hiya has managed to block every single one of the calls. Seems unlikely that Airtel would dare mark calls/texts from politicians as spam especially the ruling party which loves to send unsolicited messages through multiple routes.

8LD3SFT.webp

Also without user feedback, how are they even going to identify spammers lol. And if they certainly know that certain numbers are essentially spam, why not just block them at network level.

Samsung has this weird thing with their spam engine powered by Hiya. If I turn on to automatically block calls from spam numbers, it block calls from these numbers even if they are in my contacts. I had to disable the option to get support call from yes bank few months ago. There is just no option to whitelist any number that they have marked as spam in their database.

Last edited:

Back