Airtel Wi-Fi Calling (VoWiFi) launched officially

WiFi calling works with your home broadband connection. It has nothing to do with 2G.if you have a good broadband connection at home or anywhere else, you can use it to place calls with Airtel WiFi calling. It doesn't matter what kind of cellular coverage is there as you will make and receive calls via WiFi when using this feature.

Reactions: Smh
I just ported my number from jio to airtel. I have two issues

1. Vowifi is not working. Option is enabled, have restarted phone and reinserted sim as well. Phone is realme x2 pro. I couldn't find 'network reset settings' anywhere

2. Not getting Google Pay OTP. Have done all the troubleshooting steps as well. Contact CC and they said that I need to wait 7 days after I port my number to get the opt. Any idea about this?

but i can send msges from my phone and receive msges from other services as well. its just the google otp that i am not receiving.
i have contacted airtel support regarding this. if you guys have any others suggestions please let me know

edit - hope i am not going offtopic with my comments

I was in the same boat. But if you ported recently I would suggest giving it 5-7 days to stabilize. Not sure why it happens though. My VoWifi started working after exactly 7 days.

okay. guess i'll wait a week and see what happens

on side note : another thing that i noticed is whenever i call, mobile data switches off and when the call is disconnected, mobile data comes back. i am also not getting volte icon on the status bar.

Mobile data goes off during a call because you're not on VoLTE and hence whenever you call, you fall back on the Edge network. As suggested here, wait for a few days and if it doesn't work even then, contact CC. On a side note, try contacting them on Twitter if you can. Their social media team handles this stuff better, as per my experience.

@Aakash Malhotra I read somewhere after porting to Airtel, he was not getting Google OTP. It was due to DND enabled on the number. Once he disabled DND, he started getting Google OTP. Try and see if that helps.

About VOLTE, airtel says to wait for 72 hours. If it doesn't work even after 72 hours, replace your SIM and it would work. I have seen many people getting VOLTE/VoWifi after replacing the SIM.

Back