• Thread starter Thread starter niral65
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 16,868

niral65

ISP
BSNL
Hi guys!
I was just over at techtree and suddenly this advert poped up!

With Airtel Bradband Connection WiFi Modem Free! And 14 days Gaming Pack!

Whats this about? Can i like take the connection for a Month and exit the plan and Still keep the Modem! ?? I know thats Impossible ?? There must be a lockin ? Or some kinds cache ? Just wondering what that would be ?

I do have plans of going in for a Wifi router/adsl modem i have locked in on 2 models but a bit confused with price and features!

Netgear DG834G - BTW wats the difference between 'DG834G' and 'dg834N' ??

D-Link 2640T

Wats the of wifi in these products(Distance in meters ?)??

Thanx in advance!:)

well, yes....even i saw the same Ad in this forum...unfortunately cudnt see it...there must be any catch somewhere..like they might charge extra for connection and all...:)

hey dudes dis is a 100 p.c true newz....i hav already booke d my connection wid dis scheme on saturday...nd will most probably get it by this evening.... i took the 777combo plan....i had to pay RS.500 for registeration....nd bought a wifi- card Netgear 4 about 1275/-....nd now i will get a free wi-fi connection..!!!:yahoo: under dis scheme.... any doubts regerdin the scheme feel free to ask me!!!:thumbsup:

ohh g8...well, r they just charging u 500 RS for the connection???so they have weaved of that 1000 RS for wifi router as advance which they charged before??

Whats this about? Can i like take the connection for a Month and exit the plan and Still keep the Modem! ??

[/B]

It's probably offered with the rental waived and they might take it back if you cancel.

@/members/niral65/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co.

Netgear:
DG834v1 Support Page
different versions
DG834N - RangeMax? Wireless-N Router with Built-in DSL Modem
DG834N
NETGEAR Support Home Page

D-Link:
D-Link DSL-2640B ADSL2/2+ Modem with Wireless Router
Para two :
Distance normally 100 feet radius ( *conditions apply: like height/location/obstructions /power/antenna orientation etc )
Say goodbye to “dead spots” in your home! The NETGEAR Double 108 Mbps Wireless Firewall Router (WGU624) is the first product with Extended Range (XR) Technology, which provides three times the range of standard 802.11g (over 400 feet). When used with the Double 108 Mbps Wireless PC Card (WG511U), it maintains connectivity when signals are made faint when passing through dense walls and floors. The Double 108 Router offers an additional 802.11a “Fast lane” that is ideal for the most demanding of applications including high quality video streaming and serious home office use. The Double 108 is tested and validated to work with Xbox™ and Media Center Extender devices.

Hi guys!

Netgear DG834G - BTW wats the difference between 'DG834G' and 'dg834N' ??

D-Link 2640T

Wats the of wifi in these products(Distance in meters ?)??

Thanx in advance!:)

DG834G is the plain 802.11G (which most of the laptops support) wifi router whereas DG834N supports Draft-N wifi standard which gives you much more range and transfer speeds (but it is pretty expensive). If you have no intentions of spreading your network across a huge area, you should go for the 802.11G model.:thumb:

Back