Airtel Xstream Fiber High Latency and Slow Speed Between 9pm to 11/11:30pm

• Thread starter Thread starter Amlenk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 6,438
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber
I am on an Airtel Xstream Fiber 200mbps plan. Apart from the specific time frame mentioned in the title, it works great. The speed is fine, the ping is low(good enough for video calls and games). Currently, I have a ZyXEL ONT router and two lan cable connections. One for a TP-Link Archer c6 and one directly in my laptop.

The ping is pathetic between 9-11/11:30pm EVERY NIGHT . I complained, put in a request to find out the problem. First they tried the classic old "Router Reboot". Then they said they are gonna reduce the optical power. And finally they replaced the router.

The "fixing" process started on the 8th of september 2022. Till date, they have not been able to identify the problem. I have tested the ping on my laptop. Its connected via a lan cable. Its on a metered connection too. No background downloads or auto updates during that time frame too.

Can anyone help or has any knowledge on this matter ?

P.S. - By pathetic I mean , In valorant/apex/R6 i get 400ms during the said time frame. On Ookla, I get 50-100 mbps on a WIRED network. Discord Ping also goes to 400ms.

I had the exact same problem as you. But I have BSNL Ftth 200Mbps and was facing higher latency low throughput issue between 8pm to 11pm. I complainant to their customers care and they fixed it on the same day.

Last edited:
Actually in my case one of their Gateway to which i was connected was having issue and I sent the ss for the same to their corporate Twitter and they acted on it quickly. Prior to this I also talked to LCO and he assured me that no bottleneck at his end and I have seen the infra of LCO, can easily provide 300Mbps to every customer.

I had the exact same problem as you. But I have BSNL Ftth 200Mbps and was facing higher latency low throughput issue between 8pm to 11pm. I complainant to their customers care and they fixed it on the same day.
Ahh.. Lucky you. So, you are on BSNL and everything is working perfectly ? Like the speed doesn't dip and the latency stays stable.

Yes, stable speed and latency. Remember loaded and unloaded latencies in speedtest app will always be high.

this appears to be (one of) discord voice ip address: 45.40.58.1

try traceroute using mtr at the time see where the ping goes up
Dude, I am total noob when it comes to these things. What am i supposed to do exactly ? I downloaded the software. Typed in the ip address : 45.40.58.1.

A few things are going on. I can see some ip addresses, serial no. , loss%, packets sent and received, {best,avg,worst,last}. I am assuming the last 4 are pings.

Back