Airtel Xstream Fiber Router (TJ2100N-ONT) keeps rebooting on its own

• Thread starter Thread starter ariblaze
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 9,514
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber
I recently took a Airtel Xstream Fiber connection. It worked fine for the first few days. After 4 days, the router started rebooting on its own randomly. I got the router replaced. They replaced it with the same model. It worked fine for 2 days and again the issue started on the third day. While I am working, the router just randomly reboots on its own.

Anyone has any idea or anyone else facing this issue ?

Router model : TJ2100N-ONT
Manufacturer : Tejas Networks

Can anyone here help with this ? I have tried plugging the adapter to different wall outlets, its still the same. Its not a power issue as I have power backup, so that is definitely ruled out. The local Airtel person told that he has checked with the backend teams and everything seems to be fine from their end. He also said that the cables are fine.

Probably cheap quality device. Ask for Huawei or Nokia device?

I asked them for a different router before they replaced the 1st one. The local person said that he only has an old used Nokia router and all the newer routers are the ones from Tejas Networks. I did not feel like getting an already used router, so asked them to replace with the same model.

No harm in trying used router

No harm in trying used router
Will try to get a new Nokia or Huawei router by escalating it to Nodal office as suggested above and see what happens. Even though there is no harm in using a 3 months old used router, I don't think a new customer should be given an used router. I don't mind getting an old router but I don't want to get a used router. They are supposed to provide me an unused router, in my opinion.

Back