Airtel Xstream Fiber with Static IP and ipv6 in Bridge Mode

• Thread starter Thread starter 5zan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,578
ISP
Wired -Airtel Xtreme Fiber
Mobile - Jio
I have applied for Static IP which is not yet configured by the engineer. Currently using PPPoE with bridge mode using my Asus RT-AC59U-V2 router.
I am currently getting ipv6 connectivity as well but I am behind CG-NAT due to which I am opting for Static IP.
I was wondering if it is possible to get ipv6 once static IP is configured. If yes can someone please explain how to do it? Please keep in mind that I am a noob when it comes to stuff like this 😅

Last edited:
Solution
You can go to your IPV6 settings and dial your PPPoE credentials from that. (Currently it will set to share the same connections as IPV4)

Your IPV6 will be dynamic, so makes the whole thing non-redundant. Best to just remove the IPV6 all together as long as you stay with Static IPV4.
You can go to your IPV6 settings and dial your PPPoE credentials from that. (Currently it will set to share the same connections as IPV4)

Your IPV6 will be dynamic, so makes the whole thing non-redundant. Best to just remove the IPV6 all together as long as you stay with Static IPV4.

Upvote 3
Solution
@logophile thanks for the reply. Have kept the ipv6 in PPPoE mode, but my Asus router does not have to option to enter a separate username and password for IPV6. Anyway I'll just just ipv4. Not that big a deal.

Upvote 0
Update: Airtel engineer didn't visit and closed the service request. Upon raising a complaint, a technical person called me and provided me with all the details to activate Static IP. Everything works perfectly now but no ipv6 and that was expected.
Surprising thing is after Static IP was activated, even on PPPoE mode I am getting a dynamic Public IP and there's no CG-Nat. Looks like Airtel have to remove you from CG-Nat to provide static public IP address. Interesting.

Upvote 0
For static IP, they always provide it manually and it has to be configured in your personal router. Normally they provide you with the IP address and gateway, you select any DNS you want.

Upvote 0

Back