All Channels now as A la carte in Tata Sky DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 16,654
DTH portability is part of the regulation for a long time now. From what I see there has been little progress on this part.

well the power of alacarte would only be fully available if we can subscribe to channels for daily/weekly basis. i am not sure what the current requirements are... one month or more than one month before you can change your package.

Yup, if I purchase channels that I want based on a la carte prices, my monthly rental will double instead of reducing.

compare them to https://broadband.forum/zee-dish-tv-dth/64977-zee-dish-tv-dth-introduces/ and then talk about insanity :D

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

i understand we are all lazy asses here. but it would indeed be fun to create an excel sheet with channels you watch REGULARLY and then calculate the pricing from different DTH service providers based on their ala carte rates. :D

The minimum subscription period is 3 months.Bummer.Amish,You could always pick up a cheap base pack that contains many of the common channels you need. Add them up with addon packages(say, if you want all english movie channels or the a la carte price of the channels is more than the price of the addon pack) and then to that add a-la carte channels that are otherwise part of a very expensive group. Works out to be lot cheaper that what you would be paying currently.

Hahaha. So if I want a sports channel for some event which lasts just 2 weeks.... I will be forced to buy it 3 months!

i understand we are all lazy asses here. but it would indeed be fun to create an excel sheet with channels you watch REGULARLY and then calculate the pricing from different DTH service providers based on their ala carte rates. :D

For me, its not channels which I watch is a concern, but the channels which I cannot watch. I will feel the urge to watch a channel, only when its not available. :) . HBO was not coming at my home for past one week, and I called the service provider several times to correct the issue. During its absence only I realized that I have never watched a single movie in HBO for last 6 months, as I hardly got some time to spend with my TV. Yesterday when my provider corrected the issue, Movies Now disappeared, since the package which I am into is not providing that channel. Have I watched that channel ever? Still, the feeling that a favorite channel is missing always hurts. :)

They should provide channel selection option in website or atleast via sms, otherwise it is useless.

Don't worry frnd.
They launch this service very soon.
Just wait for some days.
They updating the website

Back