All Entertainment channels blocked by Cable TV

• Thread starter Thread starter zesahn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,571

zesahn

ISP
Pace
All channels on Sunday were blocked by the cable tv providers except news. This was experienced in large parts of Mumbai, Thane, Pune and several cities in Maharashtra. All cable operators including Hathway were showing only news channels covering Bal Thackeray’s funeral. However, Tata Sky was broadcasting all channels. It is very unprofessional on the part of cable tv. I am thankful that I have a Tata Sky connection and I could watch a showcase movie apart from accessing all channels yesterday. Finally I can say I made the right choice by going for Tata Sky.

Only local cable TV services in Mumbai and Maharashtra were blocked. All DTH services worked as normal, not just Tata Sky.

All channels on Sunday were blocked by the cable tv providers except news. This was experienced in large parts of Mumbai, Thane, Pune and several cities in Maharashtra. All cable operators including Hathway were showing only news channels covering Bal Thackeray’s funeral. However, Tata Sky was broadcasting all channels. It is very unprofessional on the part of cable tv. I am thankful that I have a Tata Sky connection and I could watch a showcase movie apart from accessing all channels yesterday. Finally I can say I made the right choice by going for Tata Sky.
[Advertisement]

:)

Infact it brings the entire DTH category superior than cable I just mentioned Tata Sky as they it was for once that they were providing signals when cable wasn't. It simply, compensated for all the time signal goes down during rains.

Nothing to do with Analog and digital, Mumbai cable operators probably blocked entertainment channels as a mark of respect for Bal thackeray.

Infact it brings the entire DTH category superior than cable I just mentioned Tata Sky as they it was for once that they were providing signals when cable wasn't. It simply, compensated for all the time signal goes down during rains.
It is advantage of any DTH, that it is not affected due to ground level activities like Power outage. And we can receive DTH signal in any remote part of country, unlike Cable which is available only in areas where provider service is available.

Back to old days when doordarshan and all india radio were broadcasting only soul and religious music interspersed with news. It was so for the whole period of state mourning.

Back