All new plans of Reliance Broadband Thunder Plans are fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this is the case since January 2013. Nothing new in that. It's working well only in some cities/towns such as Kolkata.
People in Pune are reporting up to 85% packet loss. :D

Hi,
You cannot feel it until it hits you, this slogan of Reliance Thunder plan. Yes Reliance thunder plans are big joke. I was fascinated by the plan 1 Mbps for Rs.549. But soon I discovered that this is all fake. You will not get more than 6-7 KBPS(50-60 kbps) in peak hours and will get good speed only in night at 2-6 AM. I am Reliance Broadband customer for past 5 years and all the years I was getting good speed according to plan. But since January 2013 in this thunder plan I am troubled by reliance every day. I cannot decide about termination of reliance service since I am using it from long time. But I think soon I have to switch. Every time I raise request they simply close without calling me. When I call them they say there is outage and it will be solved in 10-15 days. Every time they give new date. I think this systemic.

tejesh1986 said:
I cannot decide about termination of reliance service since I am using it from long time.
It's not worth it. I was with it for 2 years, but eventually I decided to cancel it since they're not interested in fixing the issue.

tejesh1986 said:
Hi,
You cannot feel it until it hits you, this slogan of Reliance Thunder plan. Yes Reliance thunder plans are big joke. I was fascinated by the plan 1 Mbps for Rs.549. But soon I discovered that this is all fake. You will not get more than 6-7 KBPS(50-60 kbps) in peak hours and will get good speed only in night at 2-6 AM. I am Reliance Broadband customer for past 5 years and all the years I was getting good speed according to plan. But since January 2013 in this thunder plan I am troubled by reliance every day. I cannot decide about termination of reliance service since I am using it from long time. But I think soon I have to switch. Every time I raise request they simply close without calling me. When I call them they say there is outage and it will be solved in 10-15 days. Every time they give new date. I think this systemic.

I have been using reliance for almost 6 years now. I had started with 75kpbs unlimited plan and then moved up to 600 kpbs unlimited (75 - 150 - 300 -600), never had a problem with any of their services until now.
I was stupid enough to upgrade my plan from the current one to 2mpbs and my speed has not crossed the 700 kpbs mark. 700 kpbs is the max you will get until they do some kind of up gradation. I will be disconnecting soon as I don't like it when I don't get the plan I'm paying for.

I can understand when you say that you have been using reliance for a long time and don't want to disconnect it, but did that help you in getting your issue resolved? Customer care will raise and close tickets but the problem will persist. ..just disconnect Reliance if you have something better in your local area.

I am also getting half of the speed promised to me, but I dont download much,I usually play few online games and somehow it gives me better pings than airtel.

I'm getting a decent amount of promised speed. I'm on the 4 mbps plan and on an average, direct download speed is 430 kBps and torrent varies from 380-470 kBps. So, yeah a happy customer here

Bro, damn awesome speed here almost 13 month passed. Only problem is downtime for me was 40 days around and not fixing problem in which when electricity goes net goes....I think uploaded over 1TB in past 13 months, guess isn't possible with any other connections. I assumes it 8mbps ( 4mbps down + 4mbps up). Looks so nice when max upload speed with download goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back