(Already Outdated) Excitel Broadband latest plans have 40mbps/55mbps/80mbps speed

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 10,285
Peering speeds on all plans is same as regular speed. Excitel would probably market the 799 plan as 80mbps based on how they were marketing the 20+20 Plan as 40mbps.

I'm still confused, if non-peering speeds are 40mbps and peering speeds remain as the same i.e. 20mbps how does that add upto still 40mbps?

Very nice plans. It's a shame no one offer such plans in my place. 2 Mbps ILL in 2014 costed ~ 8K, 2 Mbps in 2017 costs ~ 7K. Only ISP's are getting a discount on bandwidth it seems.

I am getting 4.7mBps on ubuntu torrent. One would imagine that with peering, it should come close to 10mBps? :P

but yeah it's annoying. my pi does not support more than 10MBps of data transfer I believe so Excitel is closing in on my local network limitation. Only one of the three routers I have is AC capable. My load balancer does not have gigabit ethernet. So I am probably going to stick to the lowest plan.

But guess what they are still throttling Vimeo and Twitch.tv

No issues with Vimeo & twitch.tv....... both working smooth @720...

Torrents @4.8MiB/s max for me..... which is same as before....... no change in peering...
-- dead tinypic image removed --

Last edited:
I think peering speed is now included in 80mbps/55mbps/40mbps.

@Sushubh I think that is why you are getting 40mbps in torrents and not 80mbps.

I am getting 4.7mBps on ubuntu torrent. One would imagine that with peering, it should come close to 10mBps? :p
I think now its 40 mbps which is available on both peering and non peering, not 40+40 mbps.

I am getting same speeds on peered torrents.

Back