Amazon AppStore for Google Android (Now available in India)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 10,812
well it is officially blocked for us anyways :)
Lolz :D sorry didn't know that.

i no longer have the Amazon app store app installed so i cannot test. amazon website still shows it to be a US only thing. several online sources have indicated that downloading seems to be enabled for international users.

Its working! I tried it just now. I had the app installed long back but couldn't get it to work - didn't try any hacks or workarounds then as I didn't want to mess with my official Amazon account. Now however it downloaded the Box It app, which seems to be free for today.

Since they give daily one free app,I tried to download. But could not do from Market.I heard you have to download from Amazon site and re instal or some thing.Could you enlighten us how to instal Amazon App in android?- Tech Not so savy

----------

Its working! I tried it just now. I had the app installed long back but couldn't get it to work - didn't try any hacks or workarounds then as I didn't want to mess with my official Amazon account. Now however it downloaded the Box It app, which seems to be free for today.
You mean got the Amazon app from market in android?

Amazon app store is not available on the google android market from what i know.

google does not allow app stores to appear on the android market... i think.

----------

search for the APK on the web. and get it from a reliable source. XDA forum should have it for example.

You cannot download these from Market. You have to download them from Amazon's site. For that you can go to amazon.com/mobile-apps on your phone, download the Amazon Appstore app, and then launch it. Once launched, it shows the Free App of the Day. After a one time registration, you can continue to download your apps.

----------

You mean got the Amazon app from market in android?

No you need to go to Amazon's site for that. Check my post above this

ok went to Amazon site and downloaded the Amazon app store from their site. Allowed "non market" in settings and downloaded free app of the app too.It seems you need to set up a a/c with amazon with correct postal address+ phone and credit card no to down load anthing. i tried "Box it"My eyes are too tired right now to type in anroid to set up the a/c. with out setting up a Amazon a/c can not get free download right?Thanks

Back