Amazon.com[ shopping from india ?]

• Thread starter Thread starter ssparikshya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,675

ssparikshya

ISP
bsnl combo 950
friends , i want to know that i am looking to get get some desktop components from Amazon.com [ the props with worldwide warranty ] via something like ishopinternational for ssd , rams , cpu, psu and some kb , mouse ........ , is it a good idea to do that

and how are the shipping charges , and do i need to pay any extra import duties to ishop for these over the shipping

Not a good idea if the same components are available here. I mean you'll end up saving only a bit. If sourcing via ishop, their cost includes everything.

yes all taxes and import duty will be payable.
Final Landing Price would be surprisingly expensive,
eBay India however has its own "Global Easy Buy" thing which lets you buy it thru their international sites and few items may turnout to be cheaper
as compared to using 3rd party sites.

ghpk said:
Final Landing Price would be surprisingly expensive,
Not really man, not really. It varies from product to product.
I've got no idea about ishop but I used Amazon's Global SuperSaver program last year to buy the TI nspire CX CAS calculator. Even after paying import duty (Amazon pays it for you, btw - so no hassles w/ customs), I saved around Rs. 7,000. Basically if the product qualifies and your order is over $125 then they don't charge shipping (which can cost a lot - depending on the item). This way import duty charged is also less as import duty is charged on the entire order (including shipping).
Here I took a quick screenshot to show you how it can be cheaper sometimes to buy through Amazon.com and get it shipped from US vs buying it locally:

That's $168.51 after import duty deposit. That's Rs. 10847.26 at Amazon's current USD:INR exchange rate. And yes you can pay in Rupees with your credit card.

And this is how much Flipkart is selling this calc for:

That's a savings of more than 8,400 Rupees :playful:
OP, compare the prices on Amazon and Flipkart. Remember to check the 'AmazonGlobal Eligible' checkbox when you're searching your product on amzn. I would only recommend getting it from Amazon.com if there's a huge price difference (like above).

liger said:
Not really man, not really. It varies from product to product.
This is the first time I am seeing such a huge price gap for something which is below $200. but usually the difference is not much. May be that calci was on a deal or a clearance product of some sort.

As the user mentioned above to check the "Amazon global eligible" box when searching for products shippable to India, i would suggest NOT to do that.
Instead, one should select seller as amazon.com and search the products and attempt to add to your cart and give Indian shipping address.
In many (not all) cases, they will ship the product to India.

Back