Amazon Fire TV Stick

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 29,340
they'd expect you to buy prime atleast to watch on fire.

cost $40 usd in usa vs 4000 here. so Amazon think 1-usd is Rs.100

40GB x 3 month data free for Airtel BB
80GB x 30 months for you BB

tempted to buy. worth it?

yes

so i placed an order. various reasons...

• Effective cost for me is Rs. 3500 assuming I get the cashback. I use Amazon Pay pretty heavily as Amazon is my primary choice for online shopping because of Prime.
  • It has a remote. I have tried many times but my mom just cannot get used to the concept of using her phone as a remote for Chromecast.
  • There is a possibility that I can stream media over network from my PC/Pi using Kodi or another app.
  • Amazon Prime Video has a lot of Indian content that I cannot get over Chromecast. So I was looking for something like this in any case. Having both Netflix and Amazon on the same device is a major plus.
  • I have an unlimited plan on Excitel which makes getting a device like this a smarter choice. I am the only one in this house using it for more than just checking emails or whatsapp right now.

if this can play hevc 4k@60fps files wirelessly from my pc then I will buy too. can someone confirm this?

Someone without prime can consider getting prime free with the device as you get 500 back :p

35GB a month for three months. Same for wired broadband and LTE broadband users. I wonder when these companies are going to stop treating the fixed line and LTE as same entities.

anyway to buy this without voice remote. I am okay using mobile as remote.

Back