• Views Views 1,183

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Internet: fast, lite, and private – Apps on Google Play

Internet browser is lighter than the competition. This means more storage to download the latest videos and music from your favorite sites. Get new features regularly, with updates so small you may even decide to download them with your data plan.

Main Features

★ Internet is extra small. You'll love how much more space you have on your phone for videos, music, apps, and everything else.

★ Browse confidently knowing that the Internet app is private. It doesn't ask for extra permissions or collect your private data like other browsers.

★ Browse the web with private tabs. The websites you visit are not recorded on your phone.

★ Stay up to date with news, cricket, and entertainment from top sources right on the home page.

SkZ5vxR.png
Cwg1TXM.png
7qjyzZ2.png
Yfw32X9.png
Ye9NiLG.png

Seems decent enough. Bing is the default search engine though Google is available as an option. Loads fast. Has a pretty nonsense free user interface. Not available on Pixel 2 so had to find the APK.

Amazon affiliate links are infested between the news links on the new tab page. Not sure what's going on. I mean if it's Amazon's own browser, why would they use cuelinks powered links!

Mmb5Dyb.png

I use Firefox Focus. Its also light and fast and private by default.

Is it possible to stay logged into some websites on Focus? I dumped it coz it just kept clearing all cookies. Couldn't find any setting to stop that behavior.

I don't think you can. That's the whole point of Focus. No cookies, no favorites, no history, nothing. Once you close it, everything's flushed.

Reactions: SVK
I mostly use Focus for news, etc stuff where I dont need to login. For login related browsing its Chrome :)

Focus is pretty good for that. Switched dad to it few weeks ago as performance is much better compared to Chrome on his phone.

using it as my default web browser for the last couple of days.
works well. i had been looking for something like this. firefox focus was the only decent alternative but i need something that kept me logged in.
tried many including samsung browser, yandex, duckduckgo, even brave. but this i like.

there are a few issues that are annoying.
homepage is still full of shit bookmarks and trending links. cannot find a way to disable it or remove the links.
sometimes web pages do not load completely. other times they load slow. but mostly, it works great.
the bottom bar sometimes get in the way of accessing the web content like on mobile twitter.
would have loved to have customization of the bottom bar. i have no need for home button. would have liked to replace it with share.
google autofill does not seem to work with it well. enpass also mostly struggles.
i cannot install/update it from the google play store because my phone is not 'basic' enough for them. kind of annoys me that they release these low resource consuming apps and block them from mid-range/high-end devices.

Back