AmazonBasics Braided USB Type-C to Type-C 60W Fast Charging Data cable for Smartphone

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1,450

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
AmazonBasics Braided USB Type-C to Type-C 60W Fast Charging Data cable for Smartphone

Nothing special about this cable except that this is the first cable I have found in a long time that locks into my Samsung somewhat nicely which means I am finally able to charge it wired properly! And it costs just Rs. 219 lol.

USB C to C Cable: Cable has Type C connector at both the ends. You will need a USB C wall charger/ adapter to use with this cable.
Durable & Sturdy: 1.2 Meter super strong braided cable. Use with original charger for best performance.
Fast Charging Cable: With smart charge auto detect technology, it detects your device and charges it at its fastest supported speed.
Ideal for charging and powering USB Type-C enabled devices, as well as syncing data, photos and music
Supports USB PD fast charging up to 60W/3A; charges phones and laptop with USB C ports at high-speed; supports data transfer speed up to 480Mbps

CFpOcGO.webp

Last edited:
Doesn't these long cables decrease charging speeds? In my case these long braided ones always do.

I mean I am stuck with 25w so it does not really affect me much. I have used 2m cables on the Samsung phone and it works just fine (shows superfast charging indicator). I doubt charging or data transfer speeds are going to be affected over 1-2m.

yes it is good. I ordered the black one for Rs. 219. they delivered red color one listed for 299, does not mind though :)

So, I finally went to Samsung service center for the USB port issue. I was expecting them to push for USB Port replacement which might have required motherboard replacement which I was not going to do. Anyways. I went there. There were like 5-6 counters. And pretty much on each of them there was an argument or a discussion going on about third party chargers. One guy was shouting, I bought this Samsung charger from Flipkart, how can you say it’s fake. Get me a written statement from Samsung that Samsung chargers bought from Flipkart are not genuine or something. On the counter besides me, a guy with Fold was also being advised to buy a Samsung charger from the store as he was currently using a local charger which could damage his motherboard or battery. Guy even went ahead and claimed that another dude who was using a genuine Apple charger had his battery inflated and he kept his Apple charger and gave him a Samsung one and the dude came back to thank him (!). He went ahead and showed him that Apple charger lying in his desk. Anyways. Fun times.

I get to the counter and tell the lady about how the USB port is giving issues. It’s working but I have to push the cable very hard. She started with the same. Show me the charger and cable you are using. I only carried a OnePlus power bank and a Raegr cable which she was not happy about. OnePlus is local. I should only use Samsung charger and cable as they are the only one compatible with Samsung devices and anything else would damage the motherboard and battery. I did mention that why is Samsung not bundling their phones with chargers and cables if they are the only ones compatible with their phones. She was like, they expect people to buy Samsung chargers and cables. Anyways.

Thankfully, she did not push for USB port replacement right away. Said, she would first try getting the port cleaned and see if that helps. She took my phone inside and came back after a couple of minutes. And brought a Samsung charger and cable to see how it works great now. I did a quick check with OnePlus cable on the power bank and the USB-C earbuds I use. And both worked better than before now. I thanked her and promised her that I would get a Samsung charger and cable from the official store (she did not push to buy it from them) and would only use them in future. Asked her how much I needed to pay. She said nothing. I was like. Cool thanks. And then I left.

Fun experience. Definitely weird. And went significantly better than I expected.

She wouldn’t pressure anyone to buy chargers from them. It’s just a blanket statement to avoid accountability and the obligation to provide after-sales support.

I mean my phone was out of warranty. I was not expecting anything to be done for free. Could have been spared the lecture. I am sure loads of people use shitty chargers they buy from local shops. And sure phones get damaged. And sure the service center people can't test out chargers or cables. But I never indicated that I wanted a repair under warranty. So yeah, I guess this is the default routine they go through tens of times on a daily basis so they just run with it with every customer.

Should mention here that at one point later in discussion, she did ask me how old my phone was and I said around 1.5 years. I imagine she really was expecting the phone to be relatively new and under warranty.

Next time, I would carry a Samsung charger and cable purchased from the Samsung store with bill for the same. Should be fun how that conversation goes.

Back