Android based dual-sim required (GSM + GSM)

bad_till_bones

GraveYard
ISP
Airtel Home 649 - 256kbps
Need an Android based Dual-SIM phone. (Dual Active - MUST!).GSM + GSM.Other requirements - - Touchscreen.- WiFiMax budget - 15k.----> Sorry, if this is not the right section to post queries....

if u ok with not having a samsung/Sony then go for andi 4.5 h. dualcore with 1gb ram, ips display for 12.5k. check the specs. it beats the crap out of everything esle.

After seeing the number of replies, for a minute I thought, I have received 10+ suggestions.... lol

BTW - mate, is Andi 4.5h, dual active?

EDIT - Seems it's a DUAL STANDBY set....

I am looking for a Dual SIM Active handset.... Thanks.

Upvote 0
the SoC it uses (Mediatek) supports dual active. I am pretty sure it must support dual active.

Can u please explain it a bit!

Upvote 0
wait a bit... i think i got confused... what is the difference between dual standby and dual active?

In dual standby if a person is using SIM 1 and another person is calling on SIM 2 they will hear the message “not reachable, try again later”

Dual Active - Use SIM 1 or SIM 2 for voice calls or net surfing the other SIM is always active you can still receive calls on the other SIM and even switch calls for example, you can keep the caller on SIM 1 on hold and talk to the other user on SIM 2.

Upvote 0
okay, then it supports dual standby only. but I don't think while net surfing it is a problem if there is a call on the other SIM.

this is the only android phone I could find which supports dual active:
Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 - Full phone specifications

edit: looks like GSMarena writes dual standby for all dual SIM phones. This one is dual active..don't know about the one xyx2000 posted above, if it is dual active, then it is certainly the best choice you have.

Upvote 0
The phone that xyx2000 suggested - Samsung Galaxy S Duos is a SMART Dual Active set....Basically what it does, it changes your SIM call divert settings. Like, if you are talking on SIM1 n someone calls you on SIM2; the caller would not get NOT REACHABLE message, instead his/her call would be diverted to SIM1 & you will get a CALL WAITING message....

Upvote 0
BTW - Can anyone confirm this about Call Divert settings....If I set Call Divert (for not reachable) on my AirTel SIM to my Vodafone SIM, I hope I would be charged for CALL DIVERT if I pick the diverted call on my Vodafone SIM.... Or, is it like, I start getting charged as soon as the call gets diverted (irrespective of I attend the call or not)?

Upvote 0
andi is mostly dual standby. if u can live with that go for it coz Galaxy duos is horrible and laggy. simply no comparison in the performance. check youtube for review of the andi; some guys have reviewed it.

Upvote 0

Back