Android Smartphone: Rs. 20-22K

• Thread starter Thread starter shouvik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,383
ISP
Airtel
Hello
My brother wants to buy a new phone and we are confused which one to pick.

His requirements are the following:

[*]Camera minimum 8mp
[*]Decent space for internal memory
[*]Andrioid OS
[*]Big screensize with good color resolution
[*]Light Weight
[*]Decent sound quality for music listening purpose
[/list]
Budged is 20-22k.

Please help us choose one.
PS: So far we have samsung grand in mind but if we get a better one we are ready to change our plan.

Many thanks in advance

Has the Ubuntu / Firefox OS phone arrived in India yet?

Upvote 0
Hi All
Thanks everyone for their inputs.
We have purchased Samsung Grand for Rs 21,000.
BTW, does anyone know how much profit dees the dealer make from a mobile set sell? In case of grand, how much $$$ do u think they made out of 21k?

Thanks

Upvote 0
So just Rs 315? I think its very less and why would they take so much pain for just 300 bucks?

Upvote 0
volumes? plus if they meet certain targets, they get goodies. but the fact remains, smaller stores are going to shut shops soon enough at least in metro cities because they can in no way compete with the online stores who have the benefit of the volumes.
a friend of mine runs a mobile store along with a high end home theater system. he tells the usual story. people would come to his store to get demos and would order online. they really have no option and way to compete with these online shopping portals.
online stores cater to the entire country so they have more volumes which means they sell more devices and hence in a better position to get better deals from the manufacturers. and in some cases there are exclusive deals before the retail launch and so on.
btw. if you are interested, feel free to start a thread here: https://broadband.forum/forum/195-i-bought-a/
post photos of the phone and your views about it :)

Upvote 0
I have never ordered any item online so far, yesterday I told the shopkeeper that flipcart is offering grand @ 20,900, so if they can offer me a better deal. He said that they add an extra tax/VAT amount to it and the final price will come down to more than 21k. Is this true?

Upvote 0
lol. probably in some states in india. i think maharashtra (not mumbai from what i understand) has that problem. i am not sure. but for gurgaon at least... there are no extra charges. plus you can find better deals on other stores. flipkart is not really the best online store to find deals.
I think the tax is called Octroi. My dad was in Sales Tax and from what I remember it was a widely spread concept back in the 80s and early 90s. Maharashtra seems to be one of the few states which still charge it. :

Upvote 0

Back