Any one using Airtel USB Modem?

I have been using beetle 100cx usb modem for two years, never had any problems with it. There is no difference in speeds between usb and ethernet modems.

But, i called Aitel broband CC they told about speed not able to calculate and it may be 230+ kpbs. Also told me not sure for speed for Airtel USB modem.

What is the tariff plan and speed promised?
check speed at Speakeasy - Speakeasy, Inc. - Broadband, Voice and Data Services
and at SpeedGuide.net :: Your Guide to Broadband
download TCP/IP optimiser from same web site and try.
. If your modem is Beetel220BXAdsl2+modem, use the Lan port and see the difference.
As commented here , not much difference in speed.

Para two :
If speed is 256Kbps max 32KB/sec A 1MB file will d/l in approx 30 to 40 sec.
If speed is 2Mbps max 250KB/sec A 1MB file will d/l in approx 4 to 10 seconds.

A similar offer by BSNL rated for 144 Kbps 16KB/sec max. No idea: mentioned as 247 Kbps max in Tariff page.

still doubt to buy USB modem.In my are only available BSNL BB only.The port are full, no one get new connection for 1+ months.

Tell BSNL CC you don't need the modem and try. send PM to me,.I can spare on loan ZyXEL USB modem or Smart Ax Mt882. ( or new one for outrightpurchase from my friend . )

but, BSNL modem very cheaper than other.

If your BB connection is delayed , because of non availability of modems from BSNL, either on rent or out right purchase, then only you offer to take the connection . and arrange a modem yourself. Otherwise wait for your turn, after registering.

still doubt to buy USB modem.
In my are only available BSNL BB only.
The port are full, no one get new connection for 1+ months.

to get the BB connection, own modem was suggested. If Ports are full, no hope.

A cheapest modem available for Rs 780 in India >Try ebay.

DG834GT - Super-Gâ„¢ Wireless Modem Router - NETGEAR.com
seems modem+router +wireless . check it

Back