Any one using New Home UL 499 plan??

• Thread starter Thread starter virajkin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,338

virajkin

ISP
BSNL Broadband
Hi BSNL has made the New Home UL 499 as a regular plan wef 6 Dec. Earlier it was a promotional plan for 90 days.Right now i am using Home 500 i.e. 2.5 GB Usage/Month and Night unlimited(2-8 am)In this plan i get a download speed of about 200-230 kB/s (Torrents and IDM)Now i want to change my plan to Home UL 499. It has the bandwidth of 256 KbpsWhat download speed i will get depending on that i will decide whether to change the plan or no. Any one using this plan please give your reviews

You will get a maximum of 32 KBps. I was on 256 unlimited. Used to get 25 -28 KBps average. Speed will be, no doubt much lesser than your current plan. Feel free to ask if you need any info.

Yes, you will get only 30-33 kBps transfer rate in this plan which will be very low considering your current plan. It will give you freedom to use any time without the need of waking early but on this speed you will be able to download 1-1.5 Gb only in a day when you keep your computer on for 12-15 hours a day.1 more advice if you could wait another 10-20 days you will come to know whether BSNL will revise this plan or not as the TRAI will make the broadband definition 512 kbps from current 256kbps. May be they revise the current plan speeds or introduce some more new plans with different offers. I would be better or else you can change the plan anyday if nothing new happens.

Back