Any programs or web services to send a sms when a rss is updated?

• Thread starter Thread starter asweljones
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,623

asweljones

ISP
nil
I've been looking for this for a while and to no avail. All to most of the web services that i found are shutting down or closed (or for other countries). I know that yahoo alerts can do this for you, but I had no luck with it either. It is supposed to send an email and an sms whenever an update happens, but it refuses. Is there any other alternatives? thanks!

services are there but not free, you have to do some coding first

As posted by admin, google sms channels is the best option. I would like to explain more about it. You can create something similar to your own tv channel! except that you send text messages instead of audio-video!..Basically you can broadcast your text messages for free to any number of users in India. We can also get smses from any website with updates [having rss/atom feed] and create a channel for that. For eg., I get daily smses, with the first few lines of content from Prince Mahesh Babu's tweets or Big B Amitabh Bachhan everytime he updates his blog! we can also create groups of friends and send smses free to them[group smses] within India.And all this with the simplicity and user friendly approach of Google.Enjoy..:)

i enabled the channel for this forum and now one of my old phone is getting crappy SMS with updates from the forum. :(

Back