Anybody else getting miserable speeds lately?

something is definitely up..... earlier youtube was not working, now it's working perfectly (of course this happens when the Airtel tech actually is there at my place). Megavideo is absolutely unusable.

something is definitely up..... earlier youtube was not working, now it's working perfectly (of course this happens when the Airtel tech actually is there at my place). Megavideo is absolutely unusable.

ya megavideo and link-removed are fully down and I am laggin when playing online :(

Are you using a premium account for any or all of the file sharing sites that you have mentioned? You'll never get full speed from these sites if you are a free user.
Mate I'm on a 256kbps connection, that's far below the limit they set for free users...

Something is definitely up. Airtel CC has no idea. I'm still getting 8kBps in my HTTP downloads. Torrents are fine though. Maybe they've done something to the HTTP port?

Look at this guys...

What the hell is up...... I can't even get my MSN Messenger to work because of those horrible speeds to USA servers

Download speed from Youtube is under 100 kbps. I have checked using 2 different Airtel connections, both having 4 mbps plan. One can easily see the download speed in the 'Windows Task Manager'. Looks like Airtel is specifically throttling downloads from Youtube and a few other sites.

Might seem like a silly question, but are you using Airtel DNS or some public DNS? With sites such as Youtube it can have a phenominal effect.

^ for me youtube has been working the same with Google DNS and Airtel DNS. But then again I am having no problem with youtube. I can see 720p streamign without buffering. My problem is with megavideo and a couple of other sites.

Might seem like a silly question, but are you using Airtel DNS or some public DNS? With sites such as Youtube it can have a phenominal effect.

I have tried with both Airtel DNS as well as Google DNS. Problem persists with both.

Im on 4mbps plan n Exactly same is happening here in delhi........ but the diff is using torrents in daytime gives me 512k speed and after 9pm upto 8am im getting full 4mbps.... all other http etc downloads are working fine

Today it's again acting up. Was taking 2 minutes to open facebook. But after a couple of minutes it would again become fast. Then a few minutes later again slow........... this is really irritating!

Back