Anybody updated UMG1831 firmware to 11.831.05.01.420

• Thread starter Thread starter samrat_blr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 6,084

samrat_blr

ISP
BSNL
I did firmware update for my UMG1831 data card to firmware version 11.831.05.01.420. I'm using BSNL 3G in bangalore. After update speed has improved around 20-30%, but I'm now facing frequent disconnection.I would like to know if anybody did the same and facing this issue?Thanks,Samrat

Nope, no disconnection issues after the firmware update. The sad part is bsnl speeds are all time low these days , very slow browsing and high ping times. Create a dial up connection and use the redial option.

Ya I've already done it. I'm getting good speed in the night after 2 and also early in the morning. I guess BSNL n/w is getting congested.

Which dashboard u're using? I'm mainly using mdma and mobile partner.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I've installed this dashboardwhich is having video calling feature for mobile partner.

Disconnection after firmware update is what kept me busy for few days, however in my case it was Huawei E160x modem, still the issue exists but i managed to minimize it.Are you on a 64 bit OS ?did you re-installed mobile partner after FW updated ?

what version of mobile partner you are using ?my problem started when i updated firmware and used MP version 16, however I am on win7 (64bit) which is most hated by some softwares, however then i got hold of one friend's laptop with win7 (32 bit) and reflashed the modem.as you are on 32BIT already I think its not the firmware affecting you.Also seems not all drivers get deleted from earlier install for these USB modems, and they start to conflict, after installing multiple versions i had to use few driver/registry cleaners, then re-install mobile partner and use another USB port solved problem.Another option was to format the system and re-install all over, but i hated this as there are few commercial software installed and i would have to go through some lengthy process of re-activating the same.

My MP version is 16. Last night I cleaned up the system registry and re-installed the drivers. Still now no disconnection problem. Moreover I got rid of T-mobile webconnect..... it sucks..!!!And I managed to use the USSD feature in MP. I think MP and mdma are stable dashboards.

Ya I've already done it. I'm getting good speed in the night after 2 and also early in the morning. I guess BSNL n/w is getting congested.

Which dashboard u're using? I'm mainly using mdma and mobile partner.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I've installed this dashboardwhich is having video calling feature for mobile partner.

Can you make a voice call from mobile partner 16 now with new update of your firmware please tell me PARRVEEN MOR please mail me in the same regard i m troubled with this issue

I have both MP & MDMA, but i use MDMA the most with dial up settings and redial option. I am running my modem on a stretch for 12 hours daily. Was trying to use the modem with Mac OS but facing issues in setup. After the firmware the modem has worked well no issues, only problem is the slow browsing speeds and fluctuation.

Back