Apple App Store downloads are super slow on Airtel Broadband

I have been facing the same issue from last 3 days or so. It is working for me with DNS IPs 4.2.2.2 and 103.250.184.85. When I used the combination of netstat and nslookup for working and non-working scenario (after initiating a download), it seems that the IP I am being resolved to are different in both scenarios. It is not working even with otherwise excellent google or openDNS servers. I could only find these two IPs which are making it work. It looks as if Apple has placed any kind of QoS policing to throttle down the rates for connections initiated by Airtel public IP pool and destined to their that specific server VIP. Try using one of these two IPs as your DNS server and let me know if it helps. You can use any IP from 4.2.2.1 - 6.

Thanks,
Piyush
It looks like an akamai capacity problem in India. 4.2.2.2 DNS makes akamai think you are outside India and serves you to from a different network. Serving from India is expensive, cost is close to zero in China Korea Singapore.

google dns servers are better for router as they tend to get you fastest connectivity with google services and more.
keep the level3 on the phone itself considering only Apple servers are facing issues?

As per Airtel there network is fine
Their guys will not understand the problem until 1000's of ppl complain
Unfortunately, the front-line execs at airtel can't do much, the best of them with skills aren't at the wheel! This isn't really broadband issue, it appears the akamai servers in India are choked. Which is visible only to a trained eye, so best of luck after forwarding this to airtel CEO, he is supposedly a consumer-centric guy, worked at FMCGs. Let's test that out
We do Jugaad like DNS settings and VPN alternates to get around until then

Back