Apple App Store downloads are super slow on Airtel Broadband

because one guy made it a thing about quality of service. you should not be required to use hacks as you pay the highest price for bandwidth in india and ISPs should be responsible enough to deliver the goods 24x7. i should not be using international dns servers because that fetches the bandwidth from international servers and bypass local cdns. i suppose i should also use the email service provided by my isp because i am paying them for internet already.

True that ..actually got so used to using google dns that started using them as default everywhere..just realised that was using the same on hathway and complaining .using dns provided by hathway for the first time also resolves my issue.hehe.

yup. i am guessing most of us are using google dns which is what is causing the issue connecting to overloaded airtel servers.

well. google dns are best if you access a lot of google services as they tend to connect you to the fastest google servers in your vicinity. isp dns servers are unlikely to be optimized to provide the best connectivity. if you manage websites, you are more likely to benefit from running opendns as you can update cache for individual domains manually on their dns servers. your isp dns servers might not update for 2 days. isp dns servers are also choked and poorly managed. as no one probably is responsible for managing them properly.

Had a discussion with Apple support guys today
They have received lot of complaints and there backend team is taking this seriously as per them let's see if a solutions from apple comes in

Remember we are the third largest market for Internet businesses, but sad that most critical infrastructure is unreliable. I was trying to understand from technical and cost points of view and I don't plug for any service provider! I was trying to explain why a simple download wouldn't work even on an uneventful day ! Looks like it didn't go down well.

All of us use hacks, but I try get value for my money...including their free mailboxes of ISPs offered, if you feel like it! Why not?!

Had a discussion with Apple support guys today
They have received lot of complaints and there backend team is taking this seriously as per them let's see if a solutions from apple comes in
I'll be very surprised if this gets solved by Apple without the CDN (akamai) fixing capacity. Faced similar issues on MTNL. The lady at call centre and the support engineer, asked me to try reboot of wifi router and change the DNS if it doesn't work :)

So did anyone talk to Apple and find out if they have a solution or not? I'm waiting for the El capitan update on my macbook.. and it's a huge download I believe.

Back